In Fife we have:
- Seven family nurture centres
- Eight stand alone nurseries
- 135 primary schools (94 have a nursery class and 10 have an additional support class)
- 18 secondary schools
- Five special schools, providing specialist support to children and young people with complex additional support needs
- A pupil support service which supports learning and inclusion for the most vulnerable young people in Fife, based within seven campuses and centres
How we are delivering Curriculum for Excellence and GIRFEC
Curriculum for Excellence (CfE) aims to make sure we have an education system fit for the challenges of the 21st century. Detailed information for parents about CfE is available at Parentzone.
The curriculum of schools and centres across Fife tries to make sure that all children and young people develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they will need to flourish in life, learning and work - both now and in the future. This is summed up in the aspiration that all young people develop the four capacities. These are about our children becoming:
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals
- Responsible citizens
- Effective contributors
In Fife we have joined up our approach to CfE with our other partnership strategies, in particular Getting it Right for Every Child (GIRFEC), but also taking in the Early Years Framework (EYF) and More Choices More Chances (MCMC).
Our schools work together with professionals and practitioners from other Children’s Services as part of seven Local Improvement Forums, in order to improve services for children and young people across Fife’s local communities.
We are all fully committed to raising standards, continuing to improve learning and teaching and significantly improving experiences and outcomes for all pupils.
We hope that these pages are useful and informative for you and will answer any queries or questions you may have about education and learning in Fife. We value your feedback so if there's something you can't find or you think we have missed, please let us know.