What is parentsportal.scot?
In support of Fife Council's ambition to continue improvement in parental engagement, we have been working with national partners to develop a "Parents Portal".
Parentsportal.scot is a new digital service to help replace the traditional school bag run by providing direct communication to parents and carers through a growing suite of online services.
The portal has been developed to provide parents/carers with a clear insight into their child's education and to support transactional communications between them and the school.
Registration for a Parents Portal customer account uses the MyGovScot (My Account) Service. This is a secure and trusted service provided by the Scottish Government.
Watch the introductory video below which also shows you how to register for the MyAccount Service. Parents/carers using iPay/iPayimpact will already have a MyAccount username and password.
There is also an introduction video below for all parents and carers who already have a MyAccount.
This new service will introduce information about the school and will allow you to:
- link to your child
- view school calendar
- view your child's class timetable (for pupils in secondary school)
- view your child's attendance
- complete the annual data check process electronically
- update your own as well as your child's details at any time
- access Parent Zone and MyFife
- access online school payments (iPayImpact)
- book your child’s parents evenings
- report your child’s absence from school
- view your child’s report card (where available)
- view and authorise child’s permission slips for trips, clubs etc
- view and access school social media sites and websites
This is an exciting first phase of a new initiative which enables and creates a digital relationship between parents/carers, pupils and schools.
To access the Parents Portal, please click on Parentsportal.scot