If you're interested in finding out more about the wide range of property projects Fife Council is currently working on, you can check out our project portfolio.
Whether it's schools, parks, leisure centres, or housing projects, they're all here and are updated regularly so you can see how things are progressing.
The Estates Team liaise between customers, council Services (like Housing and Asset Management) and the Councils Legal Team to provide them with information and property advice. Some of their main activities include:
- Arranging Asset Valuations for all properties owned by the Council
- Ensuring a correct assessment of all the Council-owned properties, lodging appeals and applications for "Empty Period Rates Relief"
- Carrying out valuations of properties owned by the Council
- Purchasing property for the Council
- Selling Council properties and the appointment of external agents
- Managing the leasing of properties owned by the Council and properties we lease from others
- Carrying out valuations for new leases, rent reviews, renewals and surrender of leases etc
- Negotiating access or "wayleaves" to outside parties who require to cross or use Council property or land, i.e. Scottish Water, BT, Scottish Gas, etc
- Negotiating the disposal of small areas of amenity land and garden ground
- Arranging the sale of properties
- Granting licenses/concessions to operate in car parks and public areas, i.e. for Lammas Market or Kirkcaldy Links Market
- Answering general property enquiries and advice
- Maintaining the Council Property Asset Register
The Estates Team do not deal with council housing stock or with the letting of schools/community centres.
For information on ownership of property not owned by the Council, please contact Registers of Scotland or visit their website at www.ros.gov.uk
Fife Council ownership enquiries contact: 01592 583154
Alternatively, you can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org