Our use of cookies

Some cookies used are essential to providing a service, while others help us improve your experience and provide us with insights into how the site is being used.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Cookie preferences

Community groups & sports clubs (other than professional clubs)

Fife Council recognises the importance of community cohesion and health arising from the broad range of community activity. Groups are encouraged with Communities staff to seek support and guidance.

The Council seeks to support organisations by selling assets at less than market value or leasing at reduced rents for a range of assets occupied by eligible groups. Details of the subsidised leases are set out in the policy.

In addition, the Council welcomes community asset transfer requests details of which can be found here.

If you run a charity registered in Scotland or Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) you may be able to get help with the cost of your water and sewerage charges.

The Water and Sewerage Charges Exemption Scheme lets you apply for an exemption every year (from 1 April to 31 March). More information can be found here.

Community support contacts are here.

Useful Links

Community Amateur Sports Club

Community Asset Transfer

Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator

Scottish Government Community Empowerment