You can now sign up for our new Council Tax Customer Online Account
The new Council Tax Online Account is linked to mygovscot myaccount. Your new online account allows you to:
- Instantly access your Council Tax details and bills
- Set up or change your direct debit and make payments online
- Report changes
- Sign up for paperless billing
What you will need to register
To access your account you will need:
- A registered mygovscot myaccount
- Your Council Tax account number
You will not need your FifeDirect account details and cannot use these during signup for a MyAccount.
Why use this new service?
- Our current Council Tax Online account ends from 26/10/20
- No need to contact us directly to check payments made, instalments, discount/exemption entitlements, Council Tax Reduction awards and annual Council Tax charges
- It’s quick, safe to use and available 24/7
- It’s better for the environment
- It will help reduce the costs of administering Council Tax
To go ahead and sign up, please click on the 'Council Tax Online Account' button below.
Registration for the new Council Tax Online Account uses the mygovscot myaccount. This is a secure and trusted service provided by the Scottish Government. For more information see mygovscot myaccount.
Helpful Guide Regarding Your Online Account
For help in navigating your Council Tax Online Account, please refer to the Navigation Guide.
Attention Council Tax Online Account Customers in receipt of Housing Benefit
As of 26 October 2020 if you receive an email stating you have new mail in your Council Tax Online Account and you are also in receipt of Housing Benefit we will no longer be attaching your Housing Benefit notification above your Council Tax bill. Your Housing Benefit notification will be posted to you separately in paper format.
For additional information regarding Council Tax please view Council Tax additional information.