We are issuing e-bill notifications from Tuesday 27th February 2024 for the 2024/25 Council Tax Charge. If you have difficulty accessing your online account due to the high demand on our website, please try again later.
From 1st April 2024, we will use new discretionary powers to increase the Council Tax charge on second homes to 200%. For further information, please visit the Second homes page linked below.
Sign up for your Council Tax Customer Online Account
The Council Tax Online Account is linked to mygovscot myaccount. Your online account allows you to:
- Instantly access your Council Tax details and bills
- Set up or change your direct debit and make payments online
- Report changes
- Sign up for paperless billing
What you will need to register
To access your account you will need:
- A registered mygovscot myaccount
- Your Council Tax account number
You will not need your FifeDirect account details and cannot use these during signup for a MyAccount.
Why use this service?
- No need to contact us directly to check payments made, instalments, discount/exemption entitlements, Council Tax Reduction awards and annual Council Tax charges
- It’s quick, safe to use and available 24/7
- It’s better for the environment
- It will help reduce the costs of administering Council Tax
To go ahead and sign up, please click on the 'Council Tax Online Account' button below.
Registration for the new Council Tax Online Account uses the mygovscot myaccount. This is a secure and trusted service provided by the Scottish Government. For more information see mygovscot myaccount.
Helpful Guide Regarding Your Online Account
For help in navigating your Council Tax Online Account, please refer to the Navigation Guide.
For additional information regarding Council Tax please view Council Tax additional information.
Please note: Under no circumstances should you sign up for a Council Tax Online account on behalf of someone else, unless you have authorisation to act on their behalf and have registered as their official representative. To become a representative, please get the Council Tax payer to contact us to give their permission - Get in touch with the Council Tax team | Fife Council
You can view the answers to the questions we get asked most often in the Council Tax Online Account FAQ
If you need assistance on accessing Council Tax information in an alternative format, including alternative languages and our Deaf Communication Service, we would be happy to help. Please visit our Interpreting and Translation page for more information.