Our use of cookies

We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Necessary cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our 'Cookies page'.

Social Media / Embedded Media cookies

We would like to allow Twitter and Facebook cookies: this will allow the listing of Fife Council tweets and Facebook posts on some of our pages. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

We would like to allow embedded media cookies: we occasionally display Google maps and embed audio and video in our pages, e.g., using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

All Docs

MyGovScot MyAccount information


Why do I need to register for a MyAccount?

To use some of our services, you need a MyGovScot MyAccount. This is a nationwide online account, in partnership with the Scottish Government.

Once signed in, you can set up the accounts that apply to you, such as school payments and your online council tax account online. The great thing is you only need one username and password.

For some of our services, we need to identify who you are. For security reasons, we need to make sure you’re making the request, and it’s not someone requesting the service in your name.

We’ll ask for:

  • Your name
  • Home address
  • Telephone number
  • Email address
  • Date of birth
  • Gender (if you’re happy to give us this)

You can also register using your National Entitlement Card. To do this, you’ll need to provide information relating to both you and your National Entitlement Card. This includes:

  • Your card number
  • Your postcode
  • Your date of birth

The service uses this information to try to find you in the National Entitlement Card system.


How do I reset a forgotten password?

You can reset your password on this page.

It will ask you to complete the form and submit. You will be sent a temporary password to your registered email address and details on how to reset it to something memorable to you.

How do I reset a forgotten username?

It’s the same process as above.

You can reset your username on this page.

It will ask you to complete the form and submit. You will be sent a username reminder to your registered email address.

What if my temporary password isn’t working?

Please note, your temporary password is case sensitive, so you need to enter it exactly as shown. Sometimes, if you copy and paste, errors can be made. Try entering the password manually.

Tick the ‘show characters’ box on the sign in page, and this will allow you to see your password as you type it. You can check that all the characters are correct.

If you’re still unsuccessful, you’ll need to request another temporary password.

What do I do if I get locked out?

Your account will be locked for 30 minutes if you’ve made too many unsuccessful attempts to log in. Once the account unlocks, you can reset your username or your password. Please see the information above.

Can I change my name on MyAccount?

Yes, it’s quite simple. Sign in to MyAccount Once you are signed in, scroll down to My Details and click on ‘change’ beside your name.

Can I change my username?

Yes, you can. To do this, you need to:

  • Sign in to your MyAccount
  • Click on Username and follow the instructions

How do I withdraw my consent or delete my account?

It’s easy to remove your consent or delete your whole account, if you wish. To do this:


  • Sign in to MyAccount
  • Click on the ‘Consent’ tab
  • Click ‘Withdraw’ under Fife Council


  • Sign into MyAccount
  • Click on the ‘Delete account’ tab
  • Please read the advisory message, to make sure you’re sure about deleting your account
  • Click ‘Confirm’ if you want to go ahead and delete your account

For more information along with a list of frequently asked questions, visit MyGovScot (My Account) service