It's important that you tell us about any change in your circumstances that may affect your:
- council tax bill
- council tax reduction award
If you don't tell us you may be committing a criminal offence. This may result in prosecution and you ending up with a criminal record.
It's better to report any changes immediately or you may lose benefit or reduction report a change online.
Changes which will affect your council tax reduction award
- Your income or your partner’s income goes up or down
- Your savings or your partner’s savings go up or down
- You or your partner start or stop working
- Your benefits or your partner’s benefits change
- Anyone joins or leaves the household
- The income or capital of any non-dependant in your household changes
- The amount of rent you pay changes
Changes which will affect your council tax bill
- You have moved home
- Someone in your household is no longer a disregarded person e.g. student, carer, apprentice.
- Anyone joins or leaves the household.
- The property is no longer empty.
- Children reaching the age of 18.
- Change of name due to marriage or divorce.
- Tenants move in or out of your property.
You can now manage your council tax account through Fife Direct. You can fill in and save forms, make payments and check your balance by signing in to your account. You will need to have your bill to hand.
If you already manage your council tax account online why not login to fill in the form(s) you need to submit. This also allows you to keep a record of what you submit to us.