It's important that you tell us about any change in your circumstances that may affect your:
- council tax bill
- council tax reduction award
If you don't tell us you may be committing a criminal offence. This may result in prosecution and you ending up with a criminal record.
It's better to report any changes immediately or you may lose benefit or reduction report a change online.
Changes that will affect your council tax reduction award
- Your income or your partner’s income goes up or down
- Your savings or your partner’s savings go up or down
- You or your partner start or stop working
- Your benefits or your partner’s benefits change
- Anyone joins or leaves the household
- The income or capital of any non-dependant in your household changes
- The amount of rent you pay changes
Changes that will affect your council tax bill
- You have moved home
- Someone in your household is no longer a disregarded person e.g. student, carer, apprentice.
- Anyone joins or leaves the household.
- The property is no longer empty.
- Children reaching the age of 18.
- Change of name due to marriage or divorce.
- You have moved into Fife, or have become liable for Council Tax in Fife for the first time
- You have moved within Fife - Report this change by signing into the Council Tax portal via your mygovscot myaccount or registering for a mygovscot myaccount, if you don't already have one.
- You are moving out of Fife - Report this change by signing into the Council Tax portal via your mygovscot myaccount or registering for a mygovscot myaccount, if you don't already have one.
- Tenants move in or out of your property
- Any other changes of circumstance, please complete our form Get in touch with the Council Tax Team
See mygovscot myaccount for more information.