It's important that you tell us about any change in your circumstances that may affect your:
- council tax bill
- council tax reduction award
If you don't tell us you may be committing a criminal offence. This may result in prosecution and you ending up with a criminal record.
Changes that will affect your council tax bill
- You have moved home
- Someone in your household is no longer a disregarded person e.g. student, carer, apprentice.
- Anyone joins or leaves the household.
- The property is no longer empty.
- Children reaching the age of 18.
- Change of name due to marriage or divorce.
- You have moved into Fife, or have become liable for Council Tax in Fife for the first time
- You have moved within Fife - Report this change by signing into the Council Tax portal via your mygovscot myaccount or registering for a mygovscot myaccount, if you don't already have one.
- You are moving out of Fife - Report this change by signing into the Council Tax portal via your mygovscot myaccount or registering for a mygovscot myaccount, if you don't already have one.
- Tenants move in or out of your property
- Any other changes of circumstance, please complete our form Get in touch with the Council Tax Team
See mygovscot myaccount for more information.
Changes that will affect your council tax reduction award
- Your income or your partner’s income goes up or down
- Your savings or your partner’s savings go up or down
- You or your partner start or stop working
- Your benefits or your partner’s benefits change
- Anyone joins or leaves the household
- The income or capital of any non-dependant in your household changes
- The amount of rent you pay changes
It's better to report any changes immediately or you may lose benefit or reduction report a change online.