Leave Feedback

Our use of cookies

We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Necessary cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our 'Cookies page'.

Social Media / Embedded Media cookies

We would like to allow Twitter and Facebook cookies: this will allow the listing of Fife Council tweets and Facebook posts on some of our pages. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

We would like to allow embedded media cookies: we occasionally display Google maps and embed audio and video in our pages, e.g., using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

All Docs

Report a Council Tax change


Coronavirus - money & benefits updates

Service changes and support due to coronavirus


It's important that you tell us about any change in your circumstances that may affect your:

  • council tax bill
  • council tax reduction award

If you don't tell us you may be committing a criminal offence. This may result in prosecution and you ending up with a criminal record.

It's better to report any changes immediately or you may lose benefit or reduction report a change online.

Changes which will affect your council tax reduction award

  • Your income or your partner’s income goes up or down
  • Your savings or your partner’s savings go up or down
  • You or your partner start or stop working
  • Your benefits or your partner’s benefits change
  • Anyone joins or leaves the household
  • The income or capital of any non-dependant in your household changes
  • The amount of rent you pay changes

Changes which will affect your council tax bill

If your circumstances have changed please complete or Personal/Household Changes form or if you have moved home then please fill in the Change of Address form.

If you already manage your council tax account online why not login to fill in the form(s) you need to submit.  This also allows you to keep a record of what you submit to us.