From 1st April we will have a limited number of previous committee meeting papers online. We are currently transferring to our new system and will have more availability of historical papers shortly. If you require papers that are not currently held on the website, please contact the Committee Administrator.
Our Committees and Panels meet regularly and make decisions by discussing and voting on a huge range of issues on behalf of the people of Fife. You can view the agendas and minutes of these meetings, along with information on the remit and membership by clicking on the links below.
Scottish Government Guidance, surrounding COVID-19, advises that most Council, Committee and Sub-committee meetings are being held online until further notice. A link will be available on the Committee page to view these meetings as they happen.
In line with the Data Protection Impact Assessment agreed on 5th November 2020, you can view recordings of some of the meetings for 180 days after the date of the meeting.
Fife-wide or strategic committees
- Fife Council
- Assets & Corporate Services Sub Committee
- Community & Housing Services Sub-Committee
- Community Empowerment Act Review Committee
- Economy, Tourism, Strategic Planning & Transportation Sub Committee
- Education & Children's Services Sub-Committee
- Environment & Protective Services Sub Committee
- Fife Planning Review Body
- Health and Social Care Integration Joint Board
- Policy & Co-ordination Committee
- Rates Appeal Committee
- Regulation & Licensing Committee
- Superannuation Fund and Pensions Committee
Scrutiny and audit function
- Education & Children’s Services, Health & Social Care Scrutiny Committee
- Environment, Finance and Communities Scrutiny Committee
- Standards & Audit Committee
Fife Licensing Board
Licensing decisions are taken by the Fife Licensing Board which is an independent body:
Fife Licensing Forum
Fife Licensing Forum has been set up by Fife Council to review the operation of the Licensing (Scotland) act 2005 in Fife and to give advice and make recommendations to the Fife Licensing Board on licensing policy:
The Fife Partnership
The Fife Partnership is not a committee of the council but rather brings together representatives of all public sector organisations in Fife:
Fife Council has established seven area committees based upon recognised groupings of the 22 wards. The committee structure reinforces the council’s commitment to localised decision making in addressing the differing needs of our communities.
You can access an overview map of the seven area committees at the bottom of this page.
The role of the area committees is to:
- determine matters within their terms of reference which directly affect their area;
- scrutinise service delivery and performance locally; and
- monitor the impact of council and other public services on the community.
All local members sit on their area committee.
You can access information relating to the seven area committees here:
- City of Dunfermline Area Committee
- Cowdenbeath Area Committee
- Glenrothes Area Committee
- Kirkcaldy Area Committee
- Levenmouth Area Committee
- North East Fife Area Committee
- South and West Fife Area Committee