Environment, Finance and Communities Scrutiny Committee (Archived)
For full details of the Committee’s Powers and Terms of Reference please see the published List of Committee Powers available from the Governance Documentation page.
Terms of Reference:
The Scrutiny Committee will undertake the following functions, insofar as these lie outwith the remit of the Standards and Audit Committee:-
- monitor overall performance results and undertake specific scrutiny to highlight improvement areas
- commission reviews
- consider matters remitted to them by the Council or other Committees
- scrutinise and, in doing so, review, decisions of the Strategic Committees called in by at least twenty elected members in line with Standing Orders.
The Committee’s subject areas are:
- Finance and Corporate Services
- Fife Sports and Leisure Trust
- Fife Coast and Countryside Trust
- Fife Golf Trust
- Fife Cultural Trust
- Enterprise and Environment
The Scrutiny Committee will have the following powers:-
- to invite individuals and / or representatives of organisations with expertise or interest in aspects of their remit to attend and / or contribute to meetings, either as regular participants or for a specific issue. Such individuals will not have voting powers;
- to require the Strategic Convener with relevant responsibility and / or relevant Executive Director / Head of Service to attend meetings and respond to relevant questions and / or to submit a report or written evidence on any relevant matter;
- to request other members of the Council and outside organisations to attend meetings and / or give evidence and advice;
- to submit comments and recommendations to the Council.
The Scrutiny Committee will submit a report on their activities to the Council periodically.
Where members of the Scrutiny Committee are also members of the relevant Committee, they shall not be entitled to vote on the Scrutiny Committee when it considers the subject matter called in.
Scheduled meetings of the committee
There are no meetings currently scheduled.
Previous meetings of the committee
- Environment, Finance & Communities Scrutiny Committee - Timetable 2021-22
- Environment, Finance and Communities Scrutiny Committee - Timetable 2021
If you are looking for documents for a specific date, please type the date into the date picker.
Refer to our accessibility statement if you are having trouble accessing any document.