Leave Feedback

Our use of cookies

We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Necessary cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our 'Cookies page'.

Social Media / Embedded Media cookies

We would like to allow Twitter and Facebook cookies: this will allow the listing of Fife Council tweets and Facebook posts on some of our pages. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

We would like to allow embedded media cookies: we occasionally display Google maps and embed audio and video in our pages, e.g., using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

All Docs

Housing repairs

Reporting a repair – What do you need to do?

We have a responsibility, as your landlord, to make sure your home is wind and watertight. If any repairs are required to your home, please let us know as soon as possible. We'll need to know:

  • your name, address and contact number
  • as much information as possible on the repair required
  • if any damage has occurred and how it happened
  • any access details that may affect us being able to do the repair within an agreed timescale

With this information, we'll advise you of the time it takes to complete the work. If possible, we'll offer you an appointment. It will be one that is suitable for both yourself and our trades person. Repair timescales can vary, depending on the work required. We'll always aim to complete the repair as soon as we can.

If your repair is not an emergency, for example a danger to your health or safety, you should report this online via the Request a non-emergency housing repair online form. Please provide your name, address, contact number and full details of repair required. You'll be sent an appointment via text message, if you've provided us with a mobile number. If not, we'll send you an appointment via email. You'll receive details of your appointment within five working days.

In an emergency

If you believe the repair is a danger to health or safety, you should report the problem as soon as possible. Please use the Request an emergency housing repair online form.

Have you missed a trades person, or do you have an appointment to change?

It’s now much easier to reschedule your repair. Please click on the Chat icon at the top right-hand side of the page. You'll be asked for the job number on the card left through your door, or your name and address if you don’t have a card.

If the appointment you missed was classed as an emergency, please use the Request an emergency housing repair online form.