W have a duty of care to make sure we carry out a yearly gas service to your property. We'll check all the gas appliances installed by us and make sure everything is working as it should. This needs to be done within an agreed timescale, from a legal point of view. When your gas service is due, we'll send you a letter to know when we plan to visit.
Please make sure you have gas and electricity in your meters, so that we can carry out your service. If there's no gas or electricity, we'll need to cap your gas meter or gas appliances. This means you'll have no heating or hot water.
Want to confirm or change your appointment?
If the date's not suitable, we can move it to another day. Please be aware, we can only move this once and within three weeks of the date on your letter. Please click on the Chat button on the right-hand of the page, to pick another date.
No access for your service?
- If we miss you on our first visit:
- You'll be given a letter with another date. It can only be changed to an earlier date, if needed. It can be no later than the date on your letter.
- If we miss you on our second visit:
- We'll send you a letter with a final date. This date is set and can’t be changed. We need to service your boiler on this visit.
- If we miss you on our third visit:
- We'll force entry into your home. We'll only do this if you refuse to allow us to carry out your service or no one is home.
- If we need to do this, we'll recharge you for the costs of forcing entry. A letter will be left on your door with advice on how to get your new keys. You can find more information on this in your tenant’s handbook.
Please call Scottish Gas Networks straight away if you think you may have a gas leak. You need to turn off any gas appliances and open all windows. Their number is 0800 111 999.
If you have any worries about your fuel bills, or can’t heat your home properly, Cosy Kingdom could help. They offer a free energy and debt advice service. Please call 01592 858458 or text Cosy and your name to 88440. For more information, please see our ‘Benefits and Money Advice’ section of the website.