Our use of cookies

Some cookies used are essential to providing a service, while others help us improve your experience and provide us with insights into how the site is being used.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Cookie preferences

Council house improvement programmes

Programmes of works are planned each year to carry out improvements to tenants’ homes to ensure they reach the Scottish Housing Quality Standard.

The Elemental Package Programme is made up of the results of the surveys being carried out across Fife. Below is a list of items we class as an element. When we survey your house in the future, it may be assessed as needing a renewal of one or more of these elements:

  • central heating
  • double-glazed windows
  • external doors
  • extractor fans for kitchen and bathroom
  • hard-wired smoke detectors
  • kitchen
  • roofs and rainwater goods
  • roughcasting
  • upgrading of cavity and loft insulation
  • upgrading of electric consumer units
  • bathrooms

As well as the programme of works each year, there will be a mix of ‘one-off’ replacements and small programmes for those elements which have been surveyed and agreed as being in urgent need.

What standards have the houses to meet?

The priorities are to ensure our houses are;

  • Above Tolerable Standard – no stock below tolerable standard, which is a baseline set by the government
  • Free from serious disrepair – roof structure, wall, roof coverings, no structural problems
  • Energy Efficient – heating, insulation
  • Provided with modern facilities – bathrooms, kitchens
  • Healthy Safe and Secure – electrical, smoke detectors, common areas, door entry systems

This survey does not mean that all tenants will be receiving improvements to their home as some have already been carried out and some may not require any improvements.

If and when improvements are planned, each tenant will receive a notification from the Housing Investment Team telling them about this.

Tenants must continue to report any routine repairs through their Customer Service Centre or online via the Housing Repairs page.

If you think your home needs to be added to the programme of works, contact your housing officer on the form below.