***From Monday 2nd August, soil and rubble can be brought by car to all Fife Household Waste Recycling Centres. The existing access policy for vans and trailers still applies.***
Thanks to you and the changes we made to Recycling Centres, there were few issues with traffic management and safety when reopening our sites. There are still, however, strict guidelines to how Recycling Centres are run to keep local people and staff safe. These can be found in the COVID19 access policy and site rules.
- Bookings must be made online to access recycling centres using the link above. There will be no entry without a booking.
- Commercial waste cannot be taken to a recycling centre. Suspected commercial or trade users will be banned. Find out your options at www.fife.gov.uk/commercialwaste
- Please remember to bring your booking confirmation number and driving license or a council tax bill as proof of address.
- Appointments for cars are 10 minutes and 20 minutes for larger vehicles.
- You can visit a Recycling Centre in a 7 day period by up to:
- 3 visits in a car or mobility adapted vehicle, or
- 1 visit in a medium van, small van, pickup, camper van, passenger van or with a trailer
- See our vehicle size guidance to find out what we mean by vans, pickups and trailers
- Materials accepted are different for each site, if you can’t book it please don’t bring it. Each site has a list of accepted materials.
- By making a booking you are agreeing to the HWRC access policy and site rules.
- Frequent users will be monitored for fair use and waste crime. Regular and frequent householders will be referred to a Recycling Advisor to assess their needs.
- As with Scottish Government guidance, you should not travel to a recycling centre if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or are in isolation for it. If you are disposing of Covid-19 waste, it must be double bagged and left for 72 hours before being brought to the recycling centre.
- Queuing outside sites will be controlled to maintain traffic safety and supported by Police Scotland. Please do not arrive early for your bookings, you will be asked to come back.
- Site staff cannot help to dispose of your waste but will be on hand to answer any questions. Please follow their instructions.
- Please keep 2m apart from site staff and other users at all times.
- Please have waste separated before your visit to ease disposal and prevent traffic issues.