Thanks to you and the changes we made to Recycling Centres, there were few issues with traffic management and safety when reopening our sites. There are still, however, strict guidelines to how Recycling Centres are run to keep local people and staff safe. These can be found in the COVID19 access policy and site rules, sites will close if these rules are not adhered to.
All of our sites are available to book, please click on the site to see what materials and vehicles are accepted at each site. As a rule, if you can’t book it then please don’t bring it. This applies to vehicles and materials. Vans, pickups and trailers are restricted to certain sites see the Vehicle size guidance for details.
- Dunfermline Recycling Centre
- Glenrothes Recycling Centre
- Kirkcaldy Recycling Centre
- Lochgelly Recycling Centre
- St Andrews Recycling Centre
- Pittenweem Recycling Centre
- Dalgety Bay Recycling Centre
- Methil Recycling Centre
- Ladybank Recycling Centre
- Cupar Recycling Centre
- Cowdenbeath Recycling Centre
Restrictions are in place, please remember:
- Small or medium sized van (including pickups, passenger and camper vans) and trailers up to 6ftx4ft are limited to certain sites due to the volume of waste they contain and the length of the vehicle.
- Only the vehicle category and registration declared at booking will be allowed access.
- You will not be able to access an HWRC without a booking. Queuing outside sites will be controlled to maintain traffic safety and supported by Police Scotland. Please do not arrive early for your bookings, you will be asked to come back.
- Access to Recycling Centres by pedestrians and by bicycle is not permitted at this time.
- Materials accepted are different for each site, if you can’t book it please don’t bring it. Each site link has a list of accepted materials.
- Only one person to attend and exit the vehicle to dispose of waste unless the item being disposed of is too heavy to be handled by one person. In this instance two members from one household can attend the Recycling Centre and exit the vehicle to dispose of the item.
- Staff will not be able to assist with disposing of the items on site, so please make sure you can lift what you bring.
You must click on the link below to book a slot to visit your nearest HWRC.
A booking system is in place as we need to ensure social distancing at all times across our sites, and make sure that traffic is safely managed.
Seven days bookings are available at a time with a further day released on a rolling daily basis.
By making a booking you are agreeing to the HWRC access policy and site rules.
Cars are able to book to visit a Recycling Centre up to 3 times in 7 days. This is to allow for the occasional house clearances, renovation or seasonal garden waste. Frequent users will be monitored for fair use and waste crime. Regular and frequent householders will be referred to a Recycling Advisor to assess their needs. Suspected commercial or trade users will be banned. Please note that 3 visits per week applies to cars and mobility adapted vehicles only, all other vehicles remain limited to one visit per week.
As with Scottish Government guidance, before making a booking you should consider the following:
- Use your kerbside service. Fife Council are picking up all kerbside waste and recycling bins.
- Recycling Points should be used where possible to avoid travelling, visit www.fife.gov.uk/recyclingpoints to find your nearest one.
- Can you adhere to the access policy and site rules found here.
- You should not travel anywhere if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or are in isolation for it. If you are disposing of Covid-19 waste, it must be double bagged and left for 72 hours before being brought to the Recycling Centre.