***From Friday 1 Oct, there’s no need for cars or mobility adapted vehicles to book (with the exception of Ladybank Recycling Centre). Small and medium vans, pickups and trailers (max. 6x4ft and towed by a car, pickup or car derived van) can access all sites with a booking. Please also note that our Winter opening hours of 09:00-17:00 (closed over lunch 12:30-13:15 except Dunfermline) are effective from 1 Oct***
- Bookings must be made online to access recycling centres with a small or medium van, pickup or trailer (max. 6x4ft and towed by a car, pickup or car derived van) using the link above. There will be no entry to these vehicle types without a booking.
- Commercial waste cannot be taken to a recycling centre. Suspected commercial or trade users will be banned. Find out your options at www.fife.gov.uk/commercialwaste
- Please remember to bring your booking confirmation number and driving licence or a council tax bill as proof of address.
- Appointments are 20 minutes for small and medium vans, pickups and trailers.
- Small and medium vans, pickups and trailers (max. 6x4ft and towed by a car, pickup or car derived van) can visit a Recycling Centre once every 7 day period.
- Cars and mobility adapted vehicles can access centres as many times as they need.
- See our vehicle size guidance to find out what we mean by vans, pickups and trailers.
- If you are unsure whether your pickup vehicle is required to book please check at www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla. If your pickup is classed as N1 it is deemed commercial and will be subject to booking restrictions
- Mattresses and carpets are not accepted at Cupar. Each site has a list of accepted materials.
- By making a booking you are agreeing to the HWRC access policy and site rules.
- Frequent users will be monitored for fair use and waste crime.
- As with Scottish Government guidance, you should not travel to a recycling centre if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or are in isolation for it. If you are disposing of Covid-19 waste, it must be double bagged and left for 72 hours before being brought to the recycling centre.
- Queuing outside sites will be controlled to maintain traffic safety and supported by Police Scotland. Please do not arrive early for your bookings, you will be asked to come back.
- Site staff cannot help to dispose of your waste but will be on hand to answer any questions. Please follow their instructions.
- Please aim to keep 2m apart from site staff and other users.
- Please have waste separated before your visit to ease disposal and prevent traffic issues.