Household Waste Recycling Centres are open for domestic waste. Commercial waste cannot be brought into any Household Waste Recycling Centre. Find out more about the use of our sites in our HWRC Access Policy.
The following vehicles can access the Recycling Centres without a booking and no limit on visits, (except Ladybank where booking is required for all vehicles):
- Mobility adapted vehicles
The following vehicles need a booking, limited to 1 visit per week:
- Short wheelbase (SWB) vans with a low roof including campervans and passenger vans
- Small vans
- Trailers (max. 6x4ft and towed by a car, pickup or car derived van)
- Pickups (no cages or flatbeds)
- If you are unsure whether your pickup vehicle is required to book, please check the DVLA's Get vehicle information page. If your pickup is classed as N1, it should be booked in.
What is not allowed
- Commercial waste - suspected commercial or trade users will be banned. Find out your options on our Commercial Waste page.
- Large vans (MWB, LWB and medium or high roofed vans)
- Flatbeds and tipping vehicles
- Trailers larger than 6x4ft
Access to recycling centres by pedestrians and by bicycle is not permitted at this time.
Children under the age of 12 and pets are not permitted outside of vehicles at any of our sites.
We have vehicle size guidance to explain what vehicles you can use at our sites.
Opening days and times
Recycling centres are open on the days in the table below:
- 9am to 5:45pm (April to September)
- 9am to 5pm (October to March)
Lunchtime closure 12:30 to 1:15pm (except Dunfermline)
Coal Road, |
Cupar KY15 5YQ
|Ladybank (booking required)||
Ladybank KY15 7UL
Charles Street, |
Pittenweem KY10 2QG
Argyll Business Park, |
St Andrews KY16 8PJ
Viewfield Industrial Estate, |
Glenrothes KY6 2SY
Denburn Road, |
Kirkcaldy KY1 2HD
Steelworks Brae, |
Methil KY8 2HY
Cuddyhouse Road, |
Cowdenbeath KY4 9PT
Ridge Way, |
Hillend Industrial Park,
Dalgety Bay KY11 9JD
North of Wellwood, |
Dunfermline KY12 0RX
Cartmore Industrial Estate, |
Lochgelly KY5 8LL
- You should not travel to a recycling centre if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19. If you are disposing of Covid-19 waste, it must be double bagged and left for 72 hours before being brought to the recycling centre
- To reduce queuing, we ask that you do not arrive early/late
- Site staff cannot help to dispose of your waste but will be on hand to answer any questions. Please follow their instructions
- Please aim to keep 2 metres apart from site staff and other users
- Please have waste separated before your visit, to ease disposal and prevent traffic issues.
We prosecute anyone who threatens or assaults our staff.