From Wednesday 24th June, Ladybank recycling centre will reopen, bringing the total number of reopened recycling centres to 9. All household waste recycling centres will be open with some restrictions, including a booking system and limited materials. Thanks to you and the changes we made, there were no issues with traffic management on the sites or in the local areas surrounding them when the other 8 reopened.
Strict guidelines to how recycling centres are run are in place to keep local people and staff safe.
You will not be able to access an HWRC without a booking.
Queuing outside sites will be controlled to maintain traffic safety and supported by Police Scotland.
Sites will close if the COVID19 access policy and site rules are not adhered to.
The following sites have been assessed as suitable for opening on:
- Dunfermline Recycling Centre
- Glenrothes Recycling Centre
- Kirkcaldy Recycling Centre
- Lochgelly Recycling Centre
- St Andrews Recycling Centre
- Pittenweem Recycling Centre
- Dalgety Bay Recycling Centre
- Methil Recycling Centre
- Ladybank Recycling Centre
Days / times of opening
- Dunfermline, Ladybank and Lochgelly Recycling Centres will be open seven days a week (Monday – Sunday) with no lunch breaks
- Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, St Andrews, Pittenweem, Dalgety Bay and Methil will be open on their pre-covid days with no lunch breaks
- Bookings will be available from 9:10am to 5.30pm.
As with Scottish Government guidance and restrictions on travel, before making a booking you should consider the following:
- Only bring waste that is a health and safety hazard and cannot be stored at home.
- Use your kerbside service. Fife Council are picking up all kerbside waste and recycling bins.
- Recycling points should be used where possible to avoid travelling, visit www.fife.gov.uk/recyclingpoints to find your nearest one.
- Can you adhere to the access policy and site rules found here.
- You should not travel anywhere if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or are in isolation for it. If you are disposing of Covid-19 waste, it must be double bagged and left for 72 hours before being brought to the Recycling Centre.
The materials accepted at HWRCs are those accepted at the kerbside with the exception of food waste:
- Landfill waste that:
- Is not suitable for reuse;
- Cannot be recycled;
- Can be disposed of by one person.
- Green garden waste
- Cans and plastics
- Metal (no electrical items)
- Wood (including MDF and logs)
More detailed information on the materials accepted can be found by clicking on the individual recycling centre links above.
No other materials will be accepted
Restrictions are in place, please remember:
- Cars only, all other vehicles will not be granted access even with a booking;
- Only one person to exit the car and dispose of waste;
- Staff will not be able to assist with disposing of the items on site, so please make sure you can lift what you bring.
You must click on the link below to book a slot to visit your nearest HWRC.
Across all re-opened sites there are approximately 3,000 spaces available to book per day.
A booking system is in place as we know that initial demand will be high and we need to ensure social distancing at all times across our sites, and make sure that traffic is safely managed.
From Monday 22nd of June we are moving to a new booking system. You may notice that the new system looks a little different when making a booking, but it will still work in the same way with ten-minute timeslots bookable. Seven days bookings will initially be released on Monday the 22nd of June (Wednesday 24th - Tuesday 30th of June) with a further day released on a rolling daily basis.
This also gives people more opportunities to book - as slots are not all booked up in advance.
Please note that there should be only one booking per person/vehicle per week. The booking system is set up so repeat bookings cannot be made.
By making a booking you are agreeing to the HWRC access policy and site rules.