Service UpdateBookings are full at present.
A new batch will be released on Monday 1st June for booking Thursday 4th to Sunday 7th June. (Appointments may also become available if there are cancellations.)
Five household waste recycling centres (HWRC) will be open from Monday 1 June with some restrictions, including a booking system and limited materials. Strict guidelines to how recycling centres are run are in place to keep local people and staff safe.
You will not be able to access a HWRC without a booking.
Queuing outside of sites will be controlled to maintain traffic safety and supported by Police Scotland.
Sites will close if the COVID19 access policy and site rules are not adhered to.
The following five sites have been assessed as suitable for opening on 1 June:
- Dunfermline Recycling Centre
- Glenrothes Recycling Centre
- Kirkcaldy Recycling Centre
- Lochgelly Recycling Centre
- St Andrews Recycling Centre
Days / times of opening
- All five sites will be open seven days a week (Monday – Sunday) with no lunch breaks
- Bookings will be available from 9:10am to 5.30pm .
As with Scottish Government guidance and restrictions on travel, before making a booking you should consider the following:
- Only bring waste that is a health and safety hazard and cannot be stored at home.
- Use your kerbside service. Fife Council are picking up all kerbside waste and recycling bins.
- Recycling points should be used where possible to avoid travelling, visit www.fife.gov.uk/recyclingpoints to find your nearest one.
- Can you adhere to the access policy and site rules found here.
- You should not travel anywhere if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or are in isolation for it. If you are disposing of Covid-19 waste, it must be double bagged and left for 72 hours before being brought to the Recycling Centre.
The materials accepted at HWRCs are those accepted at the kerbside with the exception of food waste. No other materials will be accepted:
- Cans and plastics
- Bagged landfill waste (No bulky waste)
- Green garden waste
Restrictions are in place, please remember:
- Cars only, all other vehicles will not be granted access even with a booking;
- Only one person to exit the car and dispose of waste;
- Staff will not be able to assist with disposing of the items on site, so please make sure you can lift what you bring.
You must click on the link below to book a slot to visit your nearest HWRC.
Across all five re-opening sites there will initially be approximately 1,050 slots available to book per day (7,350 per week).
It is anticipated that the slots will fill up quickly but there will be two opportunities per week to book a slot.
The booking system will open on Wednesday 27 May – slots available to book will be Monday 1 to Wednesday 3 June.
Booking will re-open on Monday 1 June to book slots on Thursday 4 to Sunday 7 June.
Releasing batches of slots twice a week ensures more opportunities for you to book and that the sites do not get booked up several weeks in advance. FRS will also assess the system and release more slots if site visits are running effectively.
New batches of slots will be released twice per week:
- Mondays (Thursday – Sunday slots released)
- Wednesdays (the following Monday – Wednesday slots released)
One booking per person/vehicle per week. The system will be monitored and repeat bookings will be cancelled.
By making a booking you are agreeing to the HWRC access policy and site rules.