|Material||Where it's accepted|
Landfill waste, including bulky waste such as sofas and mattresses, that:
|Green garden waste||All|
|Paper and cardboard||All|
|Cans and plastics||All (except Cupar)|
|Mixed Glass bottles and jars||All (except Cupar)|
|Textiles (more information is available on our Recycling Points page)||All (except Cupar)|
|Wood (including MDF and logs)||All|
|White goods such as washing machines and fridges||All (except Cupar)|
|Small electrical and electronic equipment - If it has a plug or a battery, then bring it in (including smoke alarms)||All (except Cupar)|
|IT reuse collection||Dunfermline only|
|Donation drop-off station||Dunfermline & Glenrothes only|
|Soil and rubble||All (except Cupar)|
|Mattresses||All (except Cupar)|
|Carpet||All (except Cupar)|
|TVs and monitors||All (except Cupar)|
|Vehicle oil||All (except Dunfermline-temporarily)|
|Fluorescent light bulbs/tubes||All|
|Vehicle batteries||All (except Cupar)|
|Household batteries||All (except Cupar)|
|Empty gas cylinders (LPG, Butane, and Propane only)||All (except Cupar)|
|Fire extinguishers (must be empty - please speak to a member of staff, for advice on where these should go)||All (except Cupar)|
|Bikes||All (except Cowdenbeath and Cupar)|
|Independent Living Equipment (e.g. walking frames, sticks and aids)||All (except Cupar and Ladybank)|
We cannot accept other materials into recycling centres.
Waste that cannot be brought to Recycling Centres
You cannot bring:
- Tyres - please check with local companies, for safe disposal
- Paint - cannot be recycled but some local Charity Organisations reuse paint. If you do need to dispose of the paint, please leave the lid off, allow the paint to harden, and then replace the lid. Or mix the paint with sand or cat litter to solidify the paint. Then this can go to your local Recycling Centre for disposal
- Hazardous or Chemical Waste (Including Petrol / Diesel) - you should contact a licensed contractor, who will levy a charge for this service. (Please dispose of hazardous or chemical waste responsibly and do not place it into drains or waste bins).
This list is not exhaustive and it will be updated frequently.
Examples of waste that cannot go in the green garden waste container include:
- Soil - put in the soil container at recycling centres
- Logs - put in the wood container
- Stones/Rubble - put in the soil and rubble container
- Food Waste – recycle in your brown kerbside recycling bin
Food Waste Bags
Food waste bags are not currently available at any of our Recycling Centres.
Book An Appointment
For more information about our Recycling Centres opening times and to book an appointment, see our Household Waste Recycling Centres page.