Councillors are people elected by the residents of Fife following local government elections. We have 75 councillors in Fife covering the 22 ward areas – together they make up Fife Council.
Surgeries are where councillors come to regular pre-set meetings in the community. They offer constituents an opportunity to speak to their councillor on a one-to-one basis where they can raise issues of concern. We have a 24 hr surgery helpline 03451 555555 ext 442320 so that members of the public can find out when their councillor is next holding a public meeting.
Salaries and expenses
Councillors are paid for the work they do. Most councillors receive a basic salary of £16,994 each year.
Those who have special responsibilities receive more:
- The Leaders of the Council receive £29,742
- The Provost receives £29,742
- The Leader of the Opposition and the Depute Provost receive £21,674
- The Senior Councillors (Committee Chairs, and Executive Board members with portfolio responsibility) receive £21,674
- Councillors Code of Conduct
- Councillors Register of Interests
- Fife Councillors Poster - 2018
- Councillor Expenses & Remuneration 2014/15
- Councillors Expenses & Remuneration 2013/14
- Councillors Expenses & Remuneration 2015/16
- Councillors Expenses & Remuneration 2016/17
- Councillors Remuneration & Expenses 2017/18
- Councillors' Expenses & Remuneration 2018/19