Managing our performance and reporting our results is a necessary and important requirement for Fife Council. Telling our customers and stakeholders about our performance, progress, and what they can expect in the future, demonstrates our ability to be transparent and accountable.
We measure whether we are meeting our priorities by using performance indicators. Fife Council has a set of statutory performance indicators (SPIs) that we report on regularly which allows us to show if we are meeting our targets and how our performance has changed over time.
Some of our SPIs are national performance indicators and all Scottish councils report on these same indicators. The Local Government Benchmarking Framework (LGBF) contains this performance information for Fife council and all other Scottish councils. The framework can be used to compare Fife’s performance against that of other councils and on how we compare to the Scottish average. To learn more about the Local Government Benchmarking Framework visit the Improvement Service website. You can also view information for each council by having a look at the mylocalcouncil website.
In 2017, Fife Council and its partners developed the Plan for Fife. This is the first time we have had ‘one plan’ with a shared vision. The plan demonstrates our commitment over the next ten years to working together in ways that adds most value to Fife’s communities. You can find more information on our Plan for Fife page.
We publish our performance in a range of ways:
- As part of the (LGBF) we report against a set of indicators which allows all 32 Scottish councils to assess and compare performance
- Service Performance reports. - These measure the progress being made in delivering the Plan for Fife and details our performance each year across a range of indicators. These are submitted to relevant committees for scrutiny on an annual basis and are monitored by Audit Scotland to ensure adherence to their statutory guidance.
- Other key performance reports we publish are detailed below:
Community & Housing
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Communities
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Customer & Online Services
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Housing and Communities & Neighbourhoods
Education & Children’s Services
Assets & Corporate Services
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Property and Facilities Management
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Building Services, Property Services, Facilities Management & Fleet Operations
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Finance & Corporate Services
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Finance & Corporate Services
Environment & Protective Services
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Protective Services
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Environment and Building Services
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Protective Services, Parks, Streets & Open Space and Waste Operations
Policy & Co-ordination
- Fife's Performance Highlights Report 2017-18
- Fife's Performance Highlights Report 2018-19
- Plan4Fife Community Led Services Theme Report
- Plan4Fife Inclusive Growth and Jobs Theme Report
- Plan4Fife Opportunities For All Theme Report
- Plan4Fife Thriving Places Final Theme Report
Economy, Tourism, Strategic Planning & Tourism
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Business & Employability and Roads & Transportation Services
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Planning, Business & Employability and Roads and Transportation
Other reports available: