Managing our performance and reporting our results is a necessary and important requirement.
By telling our customers and stakeholders about our performance and progress, and what they can expect in the future, demonstrates our ability to be transparent and accountable.
We measure whether we are meeting our priorities by using performance indicators. Fife Council has a set of statutory performance indicators (SPIs) that we report on regularly. This allows us, and you, to see if we are meeting our targets and whether our performance has improved over time.
Some of our SPIs are national performance indicators. Other councils across Scotland also report on these same indicators. The Local Government Benchmarking Framework contains performance information from all Scottish councils. You can use the framework to compare our performance against that of other councils and see how we are doing compared to the Scottish average.
In 2017, Fife Council and its partners developed the Plan for Fife. This is the first time we have had ‘one plan’ with a shared vision. For the next ten years, the plan demonstrates our commitment to working together in ways that adds most value to Fife’s communities. You can find more information on our New Plan for Fife page.
We publish our performance in a range of ways:
- Our annual public performance report describes the progress being made by the Fife Partnership in delivering Fife’s Community Plan and Single Outcome Agreement and by Fife Council in delivering the Council Plan
- We are required to report details of our performance each year across a range of Statutory Performance Indicators and these are monitored by Audit Scotland
- As part of the Local Government Benchmarking Framework (LGBF) we report against a set of indicators which allows all 32 Scottish councils to assess and compare performance
Other key performance reports we publish include:
- Fife's Annual Public Performance Report 2016/17
- Fife's Performance Highlights 2016/17
- Fife's Performance Highlights 2017/18
- Fife's Performance Highlights 2018/19
- Plan for Fife Theme Report - Community-Led Services
- Plan for Fife Theme Report - Inclusive Growth
- Plan for Fife Theme Report - Opportunities for All
- Plan for Fife Theme Report - Thriving Places