Fife Council measures whether we are meeting our priorities by using performance indicators. Like all other Local Authorities, we report on a range of local and national indicators, and these cover all of the core services of the council.
We are subject to regular audit and inspection by a wide range of external scrutiny agencies. These agencies act on behalf of the Scottish Government. We also compare our performance with all other Scottish Local Authorities to see how well we are doing. The Local Government Benchmarking Framework (LGBF) contains this performance information and can be used to compare Fife’s performance against that of other councils and on how we compare to the Scottish average.
In addition, The Local Government in Scotland Act 2003 places a duty on all Councils to secure Best Value, which is defined as the delivery of continuous improvement in the performance of all the Council’s functions and activities. More detail can be found in the links below.
We publish our performance in a range of ways:
- As part of the (LGBF) we report against a set of indicators which allows all 32 Scottish councils to assess and compare performance
- Service Performance reports. - These measure the progress being made in delivering the Plan for Fife and details our performance each year across a range of indicators. These are submitted to relevant committees for scrutiny on an annual basis and are monitored by Audit Scotland to ensure adherence to their statutory guidance.
- Fife Partnership Reporting -The Fife Partnership Board is the community planning partnership for Fife. It provides strategic leadership, overseeing partnership activity to support the delivery of its agreed vision and outcomes as set out in the Plan for Fife. The Fife Partnership Board receives reports from the Plan for Fife Delivery Leads Group on progress and these are included in their quarterly meeting agenda papers.
Key published performance reports are available below:
- 2020-21 Performance Report - Communities & Neighbourhoods
- 2020-21 Performance Report - Customer and Online Services
- 2019-22 Performance Report - Housing Service and ‘Pathway to Improvement’
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Customer & Online Services
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Housing and Communities & Neighbourhoods
- 2020-21 Education & Children's Services Directorate Plan
- 2021-23 Education & Children's Services Directorate Plan
- Inspection outcomes report
- Report on Attainment and Education Outcomes
- 2019-20 Report on Senior Phase Outcomes in Fife
- The Children and Families Strategy for 2020-23:
Belonging to Fife - Phase 3
- Education & Children's Services Directorate Annual Performance Report 2020-21
- Fife Children's Services Annual Report 2020-21
- 2020-21 Performance Report - Finance & Corporate Services
- 2020-21 Performance Report - Building Services, Property Services, Facilities Management & Fleet Operations
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Property and Facilities Management
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Building Services, Property Services, Facilities Management & Fleet Operations
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Finance & Corporate Services
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Finance & Corporate Services
- 2020-21 Performance Report - Protective Services, Grounds Maintenance and Domestic Waste & Street Cleansing Service
- 2019-20 Performance Report - Protective Services, Parks, Streets & Open Space and Waste Operations
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Protective Services
- 2018-19 Performance Report - Environment and Building Services
- Fife Partnership Board Papers -(including Plan for Fife update reporting)