Local Housing Strategy 2022-2027
The Local Housing Strategy (LHS) 2022-2027 provides a vision for housing in Fife across all tenures. It sets out outcomes and actions within the following five priority areas which will help us achieve our vision to ‘Provide housing choices for people in Fife’:
- Ending Homelessness
- More Homes in the Right Places
- A Suitable Home
- A Quality Home
- A Warm Low Carbon Home
Following a period of consultation with key partners, elected members and the public, the final version of the LHS was approved in November 2023.
The LHS and supplementary documents can be found below:
- Local Housing Strategy 2022-2027
- Appendix 2 – LHS Consultation Report
- Appendix 2a – LHS Consultation Workshop Report
- Appendix 2b - LHS 2022-2027 Public Consultation Survey Report
- Appendix 2c - LHS 2022-2027 Scottish Government feedback letter (August 2023)
- Appendix 2d - LHS 2022-2027 Scottish Government Review
- Appendix 3 – LHS Equalities Impact Assessment
- Appendix 4 – LHS Risk Analysis & Management
- Appendix 5 - HST Evidence Paper
- Appendix 6 - LHS 2022-2027 Summary
If you have any enquiries relating to the draft LHS 2022-2027, please contact us by email at: LHS.Enquires@fife.gov.uk
Housing Need and Demand Assessment
We have a legal duty to provide an assessment of housing need and demand, and the providing related services. This falls under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001. The Housing Need and Demand Assessments (HNDAs) are overseen by the Scottish Government's Centre for Housing Market Analysis (CHMA). It considers whether the HNDA is 'robust and credible'.
Fife requires joint working across two regional areas (South-East Scotland and Tayside), due to its size. Each area provides an HNDA for Fife. The third South-East Scotland Housing Need and Demand Assessment (HNDA3) achieved robust and credible status from CHMA on Thursday 28th July 2022, with the third Tayside HNDA3 achieving robust and credible on Tuesday 9th May 2023. HNDA3 provides the evidence base for policy decisions in Local Housing Strategies. It also influences land allocation decisions in Local Development Plans. This is subject to agreement of housing supply targets, that will follow.
We've included the South-East Scotland HNDA3 executive summary report, Tayside HNDA3 North Fife Report, and both CHMA sign-off letters below. The full South-East Scotland HNDA and further supplementary documents are available through the Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Regional Deal website.
Wheelchair and Accessible Housing Study
A Wheelchair and Accessible Housing study has been conducted to provide analysis and insight into the demand for wheelchair, accessible, and specialist homes across Fife. The research has helped inform wheelchair and specific needs housing targets within the Local Housing Strategy and Strategic Housing Investment Plan. This will ensure housing provision can meet the requirements of households with particular needs.
The final report on the study can be found below. Further appendices can be requested by emailing LHS.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fife SHIP 2023/24 - 2027/28
- Fife SHIP 2023/24 - 2027/28 - Projects Table
- LHS 2022-2027 - Annual Update 2023
- South-East Scotland HNDA3 executive summary report
- Tayside HNDA3 North Fife Report
- CHMA sign-off letter - July 2022
- CHMA sign-off letter - May 2023
- Scottish Parliament's Local Government - MATHLR Process Response
- Fife Scheme of Assistance 2022
- Wheelchair and Accessible Housing study