Homelessness can affect anyone. The definition of homelessness is not having a home. This means you can be classed as 'homeless' or 'about to be made homeless' if you're:
- staying on the streets
- staying with friends or family
- staying in temporary or emergency housing
- living at risk of abuse or violence in your home
- living in conditions that affect your physical or mental health
We're committed to helping anyone who finds themselves without a home, for any reason.
If you find yourself in this situation, please talk to us. You can do this by calling us on 03451 55 00 33, Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm. You can also visit your nearest Customer service centre
After office hours, or on weekends, please call the Homeless Emergency Number on 0800 028 6231.
What we will do
The help we can give you will depend on your circumstances. Our Prevention service will always try to help you stay in your own home. We want to support you to find the answer to your housing problem.
Once you contact us, you'll be given an interview appointment. This can be the same day, in emergency cases. Usually, your interview will be within five working days.
If you've nowhere to stay while we try to help:
- We can arrange temporary accommodation.
- Temporary accommodation isn’t free, but we can help you with housing benefit. You can get this if you're on a low income.
If you've to leave your home right away or you're already homeless:
- We'll help to find you a new home. This could be a council tenancy from us. We'll also look at local housing associations.
Temporary Homeless Accommodation
We can offer you temporary accommodation while we look at your situation. We try to match this to your needs where we can. Please be aware, you can be placed anywhere in Fife if it's an emergency.
The accommodation may be run by:
- the council
- a private landlord
- a housing association
- a voluntary organisation.
No matter where you're placed, we'll provide you with the support you need.
We work with other agencies who may also be able to provide advice and assistance to you: