The CDM Regulations were introduced (revised in 2007 and again in 2015) with the aim of reducing the poor health and safety record in the construction industry. A key requirement of the Regulations is the effective & systematic management of Project specific health & safety risks; from the initial concept and design, throughout the construction phase, day-to-day use and maintenance, refurbishment, and eventual demolition of the completed or refurbished structure.
The CDM Regulations place specific duties on several legally defined duty holder roles, i.e. the CDM Client, Designers, Contractors, Principal Designers and Principal Contractors.
The complexity or value of the construction work is not itself any indicator of risk. It is important to apply a proper and proportionate consideration of risk to all and any commissioned construction work – not just the “big” Projects.
The CDM Regulations apply to ALL construction work.
Our Corporate CDM compliance documents comprise several Guidance documents and a Checklist as listed below. These documents apply to:
- Council Services directly involved with construction design and management or actual construction work
- Council Services requesting or commissioning construction works via Property and Building Services
- external agencies, designers, contractors and consultant appointments made by Fife Council for Construction Projects.
External Consultants and appointed duty holders requiring further information are requested to contact their nominated Project Administrator or Tender Enquiry contact in the first instance.
Note that our Project Checklist OHS-C-016.F2 is mandatory for all Projects involving significant new, or alteration to existing designs. This form is recommended as an aide mémoire for all construction projects.OHS-C-16 series publications (below) are to be referenced in relevant contract terms.
The Fife.gov.uk short address for this page is: www.fife.gov.uk/CDM
- CDM2015 G1 General Guidance_OHS-C-16.G1
- CDM2015 G10 The Health and Safety File_OHS-C-16.G10
- CDM2015 G2 Designer Guide_OHS-C-16.G2
- CDM2015 G3 Client Guide_OHS-C-16.G3
- CDM2015 G4 Principal Designer Guide OHS-C-16.G4
- CDM2015 G7 Principal Contractor and Contractor Guide OHS-C-16.G7
- CDM2015 G8 Pre-Construction Information OHS-C-16.G8
- CDM2015 G9 Construction Phase Plan OHS-C-16.G9
- CDM2015 Pre-construction Information Pack OHS-C-16.F4
- CDM2015 Project Checklist OHS-C-16.F2
- OHS-C-16.G5 Legionnaire's Disease - An Information Note for Designers and Specifiers
- OHS-C-16.G6 Floors and walking Surfaces An Information Note for Designers and Specifiers