Is the cost of living crisis affecting you?
Make sure you’re getting the help you're entitled to.Visit our site
Foodbanks and Community Cafés
People can go hungry for many different reasons from redundancy to getting an unexpected bill when on a low income.
Should you find yourself in this position, food banks can provide short term access to emergency food and support for people experiencing a crisis.
Food banks are non-profit organisations that receive publicly donated food which is then sorted by volunteers and distributed as food parcels. The simple service of providing enough food for a few days can relieve stress, and prevent crime and family breakdown.
Several charitable organisations have set up food banks in Fife. Customers in crisis may be referred to a food bank by:
- Fife Council's Welfare Fund team (tel. 0300 555 0265),
- their Social Worker,
- Citizens Advice & Rights Fife
Some GPs and health visitors can also refer you.
Other initiatives in Fife where you can access free or low-cost healthy food include community cafés, community fridges / pantries, and community growing spaces. Follow the links below to find out more.
Fife Health and Social Care Partnership, Health Promotion (Food and Health Team) have kindly provided some affordable, healthy, quick and very easy basic recipes that you might find useful - see publications at bottom of this page.
Cafe Inc is a free lunch club for children, young people and families in Fife. No need to book, no criteria, free for all. Venues across Fife.
Use the map below to find locations and organisations near you.
To view additional map options and information select the icon in the top left corner of the map.
- 3 dishes with a tin of tomatoes PDF, 119.91 KB
- 5 ways to get 5 a day PDF, 158.25 KB
- Baked Bean Omelette PDF, 168.43 KB
- Banana Pudding PDF, 162.08 KB
- Bean Goulash PDF, 161.44 KB
- Bubbly Jubbly Squeak PDF, 180.87 KB
- Burgers PDF, 168.7 KB
- Cheesy Turkey Nuggets PDF, 166.33 KB
- Chicken Chow Mein PDF, 153.82 KB
- Chicken Drumsticks & Coleslaw PDF, 177.8 KB
- Chicken Noodle Soup PDF, 113.25 KB
- Chicken Pasta Bake PDF, 175.29 KB
- Chickpea & Sweetcorn Burgers PDF, 177.32 KB
- Chickpea Chilli PDF, 168.3 KB
- Chickpea Curry PDF, 148.18 KB
- Chilli PDF, 176.96 KB
- Coleslaw PDF, 158.25 KB
- Courgette Soup PDF, 107.53 KB
- Cowboy Casserole PDF, 170.3 KB
- Crisp Chicken Burgers PDF, 174.25 KB
- Crispy Chicken PDF, 167.18 KB
- Crunchy Fruit & Oat Crumble PDF, 160.87 KB
- Easy Sweet & Sour Chicken PDF, 171.11 KB
- Eat well for less - top tips PDF, 178.82 KB
- Fish Chips Peas PDF, 178.49 KB
- Haddock & Tatties PDF, 165.47 KB
- Homemade Doner Kebab PDF, 171.43 KB
- How to make a white sauce PDF, 161.89 KB
- Leek and Potato Soup PDF, 115.36 KB
- Lentil and Bacon Soup PDF, 121.98 KB
- Lentil Soup PDF, 111.27 KB
- Mexican Bean Casserole PDF, 168.54 KB
- Mexican Bean Soup PDF, 113.83 KB
- Minestrone Soup PDF, 114.69 KB
- Mushroom Soup PDF, 110.31 KB
- Pasta & Cheese Bake PDF, 157.96 KB
- Quick & Easy Frittata PDF, 179.32 KB
- Reindeer Cupcakes PDF, 185 KB
- Scone Baked Pizza PDF, 174.31 KB
- Sunshine Soup PDF, 104.63 KB
- Sweet Chilli Veg Fried Rice PDF, 176.81 KB
- Thai Sweet Potato Curry PDF, 168.98 KB
- Tomato Pasta PDF, 179.3 KB
- Tomato Soup PDF, 104.19 KB
- Top 10 foods to have in your cupboard PDF, 120.17 KB
- Tuna Melt Potato Wedges PDF, 177.19 KB
- Vegetable Soup PDF, 107.9 KB
- Whoopsies - when do supermarkets start to reduce items PDF, 137.68 KB
- Winter Tomato Soup PDF, 98.38 KB