Leave Feedback

Our use of cookies

We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Necessary cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our 'Cookies page'.

Social Media / Embedded Media cookies

We would like to allow Twitter and Facebook cookies: this will allow the listing of Fife Council tweets and Facebook posts on some of our pages. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

We would like to allow embedded media cookies: we occasionally display Google maps and embed audio and video in our pages, e.g., using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

All Docs

Early Learning and Childcare

Transitional Support Fund for childcare providers

The Scottish Government have recently announced that the Transitional Support Fund for Childcare Providers will be opened for applications on Thursday 3rd September. The fund will help childcare providers in the private, voluntary and not-for profit sectors, including out-of-school care providers, meet the extra costs to comply with public health guidance in response to COVID-19.

This will be in the form of a one-off grant and can be used for things like:

  • increased cleaning
  • buying additional equipment or signage
  • developing outdoor space, to enable more outdoor learning
  • adaptations to support the physical distancing of adults in settings, such as changes to entrances or exits


You need to be registered with the Care Inspectorate as:

  • a ‘day care of children’ service
  • a ‘Private’ or ‘Voluntary or Not For Profit’ service.

How to apply

Please click here to register and apply for the Transitional Support Fund for Childcare Providers.

Useful Links

Related Publications