We make purchases through the open market, or in response to enquiries from owners looking to sell their property. These properties will normally be ex-council, but we'll also consider other properties in exceptional circumstances.
Please note, we are not currently considering requests to purchase properties privately.
Our 'Domestic Property Acquisition Policy' document sets out examples of when we will consider purchasing homes.
A property will be considered if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- To resolve a homeless situation / prevent homelessness - this is through the Scottish Government’s Mortgage to Rent Scheme, See Homeowners Support Fund for more information.
- To help meet housing need where there are limited opportunities to build new homes
- To help Estate Action or Regeneration schemes
- To help New Build schemes
- To meet specific needs
- To meet specific tenants’ housing needs, such as more appropriately-sized or adapted properties
For more information, please email Property.Acquisitions@fife.gov.uk.
In your email please include:
- Property type and number of bedrooms
- Contact telephone number
- If your property's on the market or not. Please include a link if it is.