Our Housing Services team provide a property management service to homeowners for communal areas, where there's a mix of shared ownership between Fife Council and private homeowners within a development or block.
Shared ownership can include:
- 4 in a block
- terraced house
- semi-detached house
- property within a block of flats to which there are Fife Council owned properties attached.
All owners have a shared responsibility for the management, maintenance and repair of the shared (common) parts of the property.
Our team are experienced, dedicated staff with knowledge of the legal obligations to carrying out mutual repairs. We work with homeowners to ensure the maintenance and management of properties are met.
If you're a homeowner and wish to report a communal repair within a block of flats, the process will differ depending on whether the property's within a factored development or not.
Factoring Services are services tailored to the needs of a development, which are predominantly delivered within blocks of flats. Services provided can include:
- Maintenance to door entry systems
- Lift servicing and maintenance
- Lighting maintenance
- Stairwell cleaning
- Grounds maintenance
Please see the Factoring Services section above for further information.
Mutual Repairs are repairs where all owners have a shared responsibility for maintenance of common areas. Again, this can involve different property types. For example:
- you may own a property within a 4 in a block of which you may have a shared responsibility for roof repairs
- you may own a property within a block of flats of which you have a shared responsibility for stair lighting repairs.
Please see the Mutual Repairs section above for further information.