We're working to achieve Scotland’s Equally Safe Vision in Fife.
Our aim is to stop violence against women and make our communities safe for all.
We want to encourage men, women and children to think about this issue and how they personally can make a difference.
We aim to achieve this by using various public awareness strategies, including media campaigns and hosting exhibitions locally.
Our next local campaign ties in to the International 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign and it runs from Friday 25th November to Saturday 10th December 2022.
Our campaign aims to raise awareness of gender inequality issues and most importantly highlight the need for change to create a Scottish society that embraces equality and rejects all forms of violence against women and girls.
This includes supporting the National White Ribbon pledge - “never to commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women.
We are really pleased to share our FVAWP Programme for the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence:
Our programme this year contains:
- a mixture of in-person and online events, including talks and training sessions across a wide range of subjects,
- a wide range of social media inputs, including posts, videos, blogs and chat events,
- some practical ideas for involvement during the campaign,
- a number of community based discussion events.
How can you help?
- Wear something orange on the 25th November to help us raise awareness of the launch the campaign
- Have a look over the programme and book into any of our events that are of interest to you. We look forward to seeing you there
- Please share this programme far and wide within your family, friends, work circles and social networks.Tell them about the campaign and the programme
- Support us on social media when the campaign starts on 25th November. Please like, share and comment on posts if you can. We have a note of the key posts in our programme, but there will be lots more over the 16 days too. We’ll be using the hash tags #16DaysFife #KeepTheConversationGoing and #WhatNext
The Fife Violence Against Women Partnership co-ordinates campaigns with partners. To give you a flavour of what we have been involved in over the years, our previous are listed below, with links to our campaign messages at the bottom of the page:
- #consent FVAWP2019
Part of our public awareness strategy has been to host exhibitions from national Violence Against Women (VAW) partners, that highlight various areas of Gender Based Violence. In 2019 we hosted two:
- Zero Tolerance’s "Violence Unseen" photography exhibition, exploring types of violence against women that remain unseen and unacknowledged by mainstream society
- Inside Outside - an exhibition which explores Women’s experiences of the sex industry in Scotland using multi-media platforms. **Video below**
Violence against women and girls, in any form, has no place in our vision for a safe, strong, successful Scotland. It damages health and wellbeing, limits freedom and potential, and is a violation of the most fundamental human rights.
Related Publications and links
- #consent FVAWP2019
To report any concerns to the police, call the non-emergency number 101. In an emergency, always dial 999.