The Council maintains the cleanliness and tidiness of streets and street furniture.
Flytipping, or illegal dumping, impacts on people’s health, wildlife and our environment. We know that most people want to keep Fife clean. That’s why we’ve launched our ‘Don’t Rubbish Fife’ campaign.
Please help stop illegal dumping by reporting it www.fife.gov.uk/illegaldumping
Check who you pay to take your rubbish away
Use a registered waste carrier if you’re paying someone to dispose of waste:
- Check SEPA's registered waste carriers list online - www.sepa.org.uk/wastecarriers
- Or ask to see their waste carrier’s licence
- Ask what’s going to happen to your rubbish
- Make sure you get a receipt.
Reuse, reduce and recycle
There are a range of cost-effective and safe ways to get rid of waste responsibly or
- book a bulky/special item uplift
- Use one of Fife’s 11 recycling centres or 300 smaller local recycling points
- When buying new goods, ask the retailer if there is a takeback scheme to uplift old items
- Check local reuse networks to see if they could uplift your items