We all need to work together to make a difference.
Right now you can:
- Reduce energy used at home and work by improving energy efficiency
- Install renewable energy generation to reduce your energy bills
- Reduce waste
- Recycle more
- Walk rather than taking the car, where possible. Walking can also help to prevent a range of health conditions
- Use public and active transport
- Reduce your need to fly. Travel by boat and train, and holiday locally
- Plant more trees! Find out more information about woodlands and local biodiversity
Low carbon Food
By eating more local and seasonal ingredients, choosing organic food where possible, and reducing meat consumption reduces climate emissions from food.
Growing your own food, reducing and recycling food waste, and limiting car journeys to go shopping are all actions that also make a difference. For more information on food visit http://www.nourishscotland.org/campaigns/climate-change-food/·
Help bring about change where you live
If you want to join a local group taking action on climate change you can contact some of the local groups listed below. All these groups belong to a network of groups called Fife Communiities Climate Action Network (FCCAN)
- Burntisland Community Development Trust
- CLEAR Buckhaven & Methil
- The Ecology Centre
- Falkland and Newton of Falkland Community Council
- Greener Kirkcaldy
- Kinghorn Community Land Association
- Methilhill Community Children’s Initiative
- Newburgh Train Station Group
- PLANT (Tayport Community Trust Gardening Group)
- Rosyth Community Projects Ltd
- St Andrews Environmental Network
- St Andrews Rail Link Campaign
- Sustainable Cupar
- Transition University of St Andrews
If you want to set up a group or a project because “our Fife matters” find out more about Community Group Funding and Support.
We need your ideas! Get involved and suggest new actions.