The Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2012 require all businesses, not-for-profit organisations and public sector bodies to separate the following materials for recycling:
- Glass (Including drinks bottles and empty food jars)
- Metal (including cans, tins, aluminium trays)
- Plastic (including drinks bottles, rinsed empty food containers and rinsed cleaning products bottles)
Guidance on Recycling
Guidance is available for the following sectors to comply with the new recycling requirements:
- Restaurants and bars
- Shopping Centres
- Entertainment and Leisure Venues
For further information see:
- What is your duty of care?
- Businesses that require customer participation for recycling
You can view and download all of these publications on the SEPA website
Are you doing all you can to meet your legal waste requirements?
Should you require further information or advice regarding your waste or recycling requirements, please contact us.
Contact Duty of Care Waste Team
- Email: email@example.com