Business Rates - Apply for mandatory & discretionary rating relief
Mandatory Relief is available for properties occupied by charities, which are used wholly or mainly for charitable purposes.
Discretionary Relief is available to organisations not conducted for profit and whose main objectives are charitable, philanthropic, religious or concerned with education, social welfare, science, literature or the fine arts. Relief is also available to clubs, societies or other organisations not established or conducted for profit occupying properties that are wholly or mainly used for recreation.
What you’ll need to know
- Charity Number (if applicable)
- Community Amateur Sports Club status registration number (if applicable)
- licenced bar turnover and profit (if applicable)
- Names and roles of the management committee
You will need a digital copy of:
- Organisation constitution (if applicable)
- Latest annual report
- Financial accounts (if applicable)
- Programme of activities (if applicable)