Apply to join Fife Housing Register
Before completing this form we recommend that you:
- Complete a Housing Option Plan
- This is a personalised plan tailored to your individual circumstances, it outlines the various options that are available to address your housing needs.
- Use the FHR properties tool
- This lets you know the number of properties in each area so you can make an informed decision about your areas of choice.
Before you begin to complete the form it would be useful to have available:
- Your email address, phone number and your National Insurance number
- Your, and any joint applicants, address history for the last three years, including the details of current former landlords, and their contact details
- The names and dates of births of everyone you are including in your application, even those you are living with but who will not be moving with you
- Any lease or notice to leave paperwork from your landlord. We will need to see a copy of this paperwork
- If there is anyone on your application over 16 who does not live with you at the moment but will be rehoused with you, they will need to complete a separate application form. This enable us to assess your application for housing correctly, taking into account both your current living arrangements
- To help us assess your current housing circumstances we may need some supporting documentation. Once you have completed your application we will advise what is required and how you can provide this to us.
What happens next
Once you have completed and submitted your application, we will assess it and get back to you within 20 days if we need any additional information. Once your application has been fully assessed we will write to tell you:
- How your application has been assessed and the points you have been awarded
- The category your application has been placed in
- Any information we still need that could affect your application
- How to enquire about your application
If you don’t hear from us within 20 days please contact us to discuss, by calling 03451 55 00 33, visiting any partner office or a Fife Council Customer Service Centre.
If your circumstances change this may affect how your application is assessed. Make sure you update us of any changes to your circumstances.
For more information on how Fife Council handle your data, please go to: