Apply for Education Maintenance Allowance
Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) is a weekly payment of £30 for young people aged 16 to 25 years old who are continuing with full-time education at either school or college in 2021-2022.
The pupil applying for EMA must sign in or register for a mygov.scot myaccount. If the account used is not the pupil’s myaccount the form will be rejected.
What you’ll need before starting this form:
- your parent or carer's income
- your bank account details
- your birth certificate or passport
You may be asked to upload:
- evidence of residency status
- an award letter (if receiving Universal Credit)
- parent or carer's Tax Credit award notice or Universal Credit letter
- parent or carer's P60 or payslip
- parent or carer's SAAS or college letter
- parent or carer's Self-Assesment Tax Return or audited account (if self employed)
You will need your parent or carer to read and accept the declaration at the end before submitting the form.