This year, Fife Business Diversity Awards streamed online on Friday 3rd December 2021. The event can now be viewed on www.facebook.com/FifeCouncilSES
The digital extravaganza reached the event’s largest audience ever, with contributions and well wishes from Lorraine Kelly, Boogie and Arlene (Forth One), Marvin Andrews, Jamie Hepburn MSP, Richard Lochhead MSP and Owen Miller, Gold winning Olympic Paralympian.
The event demonstrated the accomplishments of individuals and businesses who have triumphed in the world of employment, despite facing multiple barriers and challenges – including Covid-19 and gave recognition to businesses who create equal opportunities for all in the workplace.
The theme of this year’s event was a focus on reducing Carbon Footprints, which was significant in showing solidarity with the COP 26 event and the council’s encouragement of good practices for a more efficient and environmentally friendly Fife.
Host of the event and manager of Fife Council’s Supported Employment Service, Angela Hamilton said: “This event is a testament to how people, employers and organisations in Fife have worked together under the most challenges of circumstances. We have all faced the dreadful impacts brought by COVID. However, people have remained steadfast, working together and giving each other the support and encouragement we all need to achieve success in the workplace. We hope the lessons learned this year, are taken forward with courage and hope for our future economic success and will ensure people who want to work are not left behind.
Gordon Mole MIED, Head of Business & Employability Enterprise & Environment, Fife Council stated: “In this most challenging of years, the work of Fife’s businesses and support organisations in helping our individual achievers has never been more important. The Fife Business Diversity Awards showcases that – as we have seen in our communities – Fife cares and working together, challenges can be overcome. Thank you to all of our sponsors for this year’s event and I would add my congratulations to all of the winners of the 2021 awards”
Achiever – Youth Award
- Gold: Andrew Ovenstone, Wormit
- Silver: Jennifer Paton, Dunfermline
- Bronze: Chelsey Cruickshank, Kirkcaldy
Achiever – Health and Disabilities Award
- Gold: Darrell Drury, Kirkcaldy
- Silver: Shannon Ferguson, St Andrews
- Bronze: Kathryn McCulloch, Dunfermline
- Gold: Silverburn Park Campsite, Leven
- Gold: No One Left Behind, Lived Experience Volunteer Panel - Fife Voluntary Action
- Silver: Employability Access Support for Young People (EASYP) - Fife Council Partnership Project
- Bronze: Special Schools Project – Fife Council Supported Employment Service
Certificate of Achievement
- Connor Houston, Youth
- Fergus Board, Youth
- Craig Glendinning, Health & Disabilities
- Marina McNeil, Health & Disabilities
- Elite Falconry, Employer
- Base Leven, Employer
- Zest Café, Employer
- ASUK Recycling, Innovation
- Volunteer Experience Panel No One Left Behind, Fife Voluntary Action, Innovation
- Works Better/Better Engaged, Supported Employment Service, Innovation