Are you a parent with children who go to school in Fife? Are you a good listener? If you do, and you are, then why not consider becoming a member of our Education Appeals Committee?
The main job of the committee is to consider appeals from:
- Parents/carers who have had their application to place their child in a school of their choice, refused.
- Parents/carers or young person excluded from school
As a member, you’ll need to weigh up the needs of children against the issues affecting schools – particularly class sizes and capacity. However, you’re not on your own making these decisions. Committees are made up of eligible members including councillors, parents and people who have experience in education. To be eligible to apply, applicants must be parents of children of school age residing in Fife.
Full training will also be given, and you will be eligible for financial loss allowance and travel and subsistence expenses. A PVG check will be required.
The work of the Appeal Committee is crucial to parents and schools, and although the issues involved can be challenging, reaching a solution is also very rewarding.
If you’re interested, please fill in the note of interest form. Alternatively, for anyone not online, please write to us at the address below with:
- Your contact details (please include a contact number)
- Confirmation of whether you have children of school age that attend school in Fife and,
- whether you work for the Education Service within Fife Council.
2nd Floor Fife House
The closing date for notes of interest is Friday 27 November 2020.