We are updating our Local Transport Strategy, to demonstrate our vision and action plan for managing Fife’s transport system over the next ten years.
Thank you for your responses to our Main Issues consultation. The survey has now closed and we are using your feedback to develop the strategy.
Transport gives us access to work, education and essential services. It shapes the places we live, impacts our health and wellbeing, and is one of Fife’s biggest sources of carbon emissions.
We manage and operate much of Fife's transport system, including:
- Walking, cycling and wheeling routes
- Subsidised bus services, community transport and school transport
- Bus stations, bus stops and transport interchanges
- Roads (except trunk roads). This includes bridges, road safety, street lighting and winter maintenance
- Car parks
- Harbours and coastal protection
- Travel information, travel planning and education
We also work closely with our partners to support active and sustainable travel, public transport and freight.
Your views are key to shaping the strategy. Throughout the development, we'll be consulting with the community.
We're taking a three stage approach:
- Looking at the main issues - early 2022: We're looking at the key challenges to getting about. We'll ask you what your challenges are and how you'd like to get about in the future.
- Developing a draft strategy - late 2022: Based on your feedback, we'll develop a vision and an action plan. We'll ask you what solutions we should prioritise.
- Delivering the strategy - 2023-2033: We'll deliver our action plan.
Current Local Transport Strategy
The current Local Transport Strategy for Fife 2006-2026 provides a vision for an integrated and sustainable transport system. One that's accessible to all and contributes towards a strong economy, strong community and healthy environment.
However, climate change, COVID-19 and new technologies, like electric vehicles, are changing how people and goods move about. The new strategy will consider how we tackle these challenges, focusing our operations and allowing us to take funding opportunities.