This Privacy Notice explains how we use the information that we collect about you.
The Private Sector Team collect, process and hold your personal information to deliver HMO Licensing effectively and to meet strategic and statutory responsibilities.
The Private Sector Team has a duty to provide these services under the:
- Housing (Scotland) Act of 2006
- Private Rented Housing (Scotland) Act 2011
- Anti-Social Behaviour etc (Scotland) Act 2004
The Private Sector Team uses personal information provided by you to assist with assessing your application.
We collect and process personal data for the purposes of:
- Considering applications for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licenses
- Registering private sector landlords and enforcing the Private Landlord Registration scheme
- Customer engagement and customer and community participation activity including events, consultations, surveys and publications
The personal information we process includes names, addresses, contact details including email addresses and telephone numbers and dates of birth. Other categories may include, address history, gender, age and criminal convictions,
At times we will share your information with other council services e.g. Planning and Building Standards and Public Safety. We may also share with external partners and organisations e.g. Scottish Government, Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and other local authorities.
We will at times access information about you from other sources these include; other local authorities, Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.
We also obtain information about you from publicly accessible sources these include the Registers of Scotland.
On occasion we will gather information about third parties relevant to you, these include household details and power of attorney.
Further information on how your information is used and why can be found at http://www.fife.gov.uk/privacy/housing
The Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:email@example.com.