This Privacy Notice explains how we use the information that we collect about you.
Economic Development Service will use the personal information provided by you, to carry out our statutory function and in order to:
- communicate with businesses, wider industry and other interested stakeholders on our work and activities in the key sectors that are important to Fife;
- manage bookings made to attend our events and will communicate on these and related events;
- maintain tenants data from our Fife Council Business Portfolio.
The personal information that we gather and use may include:
- Job Title
- Sector Type
- Employer’s website address
- Telephone number
For Fife Council Business Tenants the personal information that we gather and use may include:
- Company Name
- Contact Number
- Contact Emails both personal and business
- Bank Account details (in relation to tenancy applications)
We may share your information:
- with our external supplier to do certain activities for us. These will include; database cleansing, researching companies for supply chain opportunities and providing generic business details to do analysis of the Fife Economy.
- with other departments within the council for local procurement opportunities and business analysis of the Fife Economy.
Fife Council Business Tenants details will be shared with approved third parties for the sole purpose of providing contact details to contractors/agents working on behalf of Fife Council to arrange access to your business premises during the period of lease.
We collect your information via:
- Bookings for events (either manually by Fife Council’s Economic Development staff in person/by telephone or through the website used to manage the event)
- Website registration in order to receive the monthly e-zine,
- Registration to Fife Council Economic Development Teams marketing list or general enquiries about our work.
- Client business cards during personal contact.
- Staff visiting conferences/events/exhibitions and meeting potential clients.
Fife Council Business Tenants information is collected via the tenancy application form.
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions or for you to become a business tenant.
The Council will not keep your information for longer than is necessary. In some instances the law sets the length of time information has to be kept. The Council has a retention schedule which sets out how long we hold different types of information. This can be found here.