1. Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing:
During this COVID 19 outbreak Fife Council may need to share information about you with other agencies/organisations in order to:
- Process your enquiry or service request
- Pick up prescribed medicine from a pharmacy
- Refer shielding requests of vulnerable individuals to a third party, where appropriate. Third parties can include other authorised organisations or individuals.
- Manage your employment.
Fife Council has a statutory duty in relation to the protection of public health and our legal basis for processing the information is:
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council;
- for reasons of substantial public interest;
- to protect your vital interest.
2. Please describe the categories of personal data processed by your Service or service:
The personal information we gather and use includes:
- Name, Date of Birth, Home Address, Home Telephone Number, Mobile Number, E-Mail Address
- Carer or requestor (if not applicant) – name and telephone number
- Confirmation of whether you have received a Shielding Letter from NHS.
- Community Health Identifier (CHI) This is the 10-digit number used by the NHS to provide health services.
- Details of your support request – this may include some health details in relation to shielding.
- Details of your prescribed medication (if requesting medicine delivery)
- Details of your GP surgery (if requesting medicine delivery)
- Details of your linked pharmacy (if requesting medicine delivery)
- Confirmation of whether the individual is self-isolating.
- Confirmation of whether the individual, or a member of their household, is experiencing symptoms of coronavirus at the time the request is made.
3. Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data:
Where it is necessary to progress your application, we may share your information with pharmacy staff to retrieve details of prescribed medicines.
We may also share your personal information with other Council Services and organisations in the third sector that are providing additional shielding support, where this is necessary to provide requested services.
We may also share your personal information with other Council Services, such as Health & Safety, for the purposes of managing your employment.
4. The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources (including information gathered about third parties eg where we have gathered information about a third party during discussions with a service user):
We receive information about you from other Council Services, other local authorities and NHS Boards.
We also obtain information about you from publicly accessible sources such as Registers of Scotland and the voters roll.
By contacting us directly via phone or via an application form, we may also gather personal information about other individuals relevant to your application.
We may use information already available to us to identify households which, according to Scottish Government Guidance criteria, may be more vulnerable to the impact of the coronavirus crisis.
5. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data:
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions and provide you with a service.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for (COVID-19), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, emergency planning or reporting requirements.
This privacy notice also applies to the Assessor appointed by Fife Council in accordance with the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994. The Assessors own privacy notice can be found at: