Privacy Notice – Bereavement Services Activity
1. Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing:
Fife Council uses the personal information provided by you in order to carry out and deliver Bereavement Services activity for Council owned assets
2. Please describe the categories of personal data processed by your Service or service:
The personal information we gather and use includes your name, contact details, bank details (where required) relating to the Council’s Bereavement Services activity.
3. Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data:
We may share your information with:
- Other services within the Council or with a third party e.g. contractors
4. The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources (including information gathered about third parties e.g. where we have gathered information about a third party during discussions with a service user):
We may also receive information about you from:
- Other services within the Council regarding Bereavement Services activity
- A third party as part of Bereavement Services activity
5. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data:
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions in relation to Bereavement Services
Due to COVID 19, a temporary measure has been put in place where funeral services within Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy Crematorium Chapel are being livestreamed and recorded.
If you (the applicant) choose to have a funeral livestreamed, you will be given a username and password for the service which you may share with family and friends to view the funeral service live via access to a secure website. Recipients of the username and password will require the means to access the website. If you choose the + 28 days watch again, the recording is available for 28 days for anyone with the username and password to view via access to a secure website. No person other than the applicant will be able to purchase the webcast service. There is also an option to choose to have a download of the Webcast service. The download link will be sent to the applicant only. In addition, Keepsake recording can be purchased. Keepsake’s can only be ordered by the applicant.
In order to provide a quality and robust webcast service the camera records continuously, whether the applicant requests the webcast services or not. All data is held securely and deleted after 28 days. Should the applicant wish for the service not to be recorded, they must put this in writing to email@example.com at least 12 hours before the time of the funeral service.