Property inspection services
We can inspect work carried out without a building warrant and, if satisfactory, issue a letter (sometimes called a "letter of comfort") to confirm that no enforcement action will be taken in terms of unauthorised building works, or against any outstanding building warrants where the certificate of completion has not been issued.
It is only suitable for unauthorised work carried out before the 1st May 2005 or outstanding building warrants submitted before the 1st May 2005.
All other work that required a building warrant and was carried out after the 1st May 2005 should be subject to a late building warrant application or completion certificate submission under the current Building (Scotland) Act. 2003.
Inspection services include:
- inspect work carried out without a building warrant
- inspect an expired building warrant with no completion certificate
- confirm work does not need a building warrant
- any other property inspection requests
Enquiry services include:
- check the application history of a property
- provide copies of any relevant documents or drawings
|Contact:||Building Standards & Public Safety|
|Tel:||03451 55 11 22|