Property Inspection Services
We can inspect work carried out without a building warrant and, if satisfactory, issue a letter (sometimes called a "letter of comfort") to confirm that no enforcement action will be taken in terms of unauthorised building works, or against any outstanding building warrants where the certificate of completion has not been issued.
It is only suitable for unauthorised work carried out before the 1st May 2005 or outstanding building warrants submitted before the 1st May 2005.
All other work that required a building warrant and was carried out after the 1st May 2005 should be subject to a late building warrant application or completion certificate submission under the current Building (Scotland) Act. 2003.
A fee is payable for each service.
- Inspect work carried out without a building warrant £450
- Inspect an expired building warrant with no completion certificate £310
- Confirm work does not need a building warrant £150
- Any other property inspection requests £150
Property Enquiry Services
When a building warrant application is approved, the associated plans and documents are available for download by the applicant or agent for 30 days before being removed. If you are the applicant or agent and your building warrant was approved within the last 3 years, you can request that the associated plans and documents are made available to download again, for a further 30 days. To request this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the address of property and building warrant reference number.
This only applies to the plans and documents available for download from our web site when your application was approved. For any other documents, please use the Property Enquiry Services.
For all other copy documentation requests please complete the form below - Request an Enquiry Service from Building Standards. A fee is payable for some services.
- Check the application history of a property £140
- Provide copies of any relevant documents or drawings £125 or £65 for a single document
- Request to view Part II register document – please note these are subject to certain restrictions
|Contact:||Building Standards & Public Safety|