Male victims of domestic abuse / sexual violence
Domestic abuse and sexual violence are sometimes thought of more in terms female victims. While more women and girls are affected this, men and boys also experience domestic abuse, rape, sexual assault, sexual exploitation and forced marriage. It is important that if you are being abused or assaulted, you get the help you need.
Traditional ideas of what it is to ‘be a man’ can discourage male victims from getting the support they need. It is important for men and boys to show their emotions; for male victims to be able to seek help without questioning their masculinity or sexuality.
Abuse and violence are never okay under any circumstances. There are specialist agencies who can help.
- National Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline is available on 0800 027 1234, 24/7, or by emailing email@example.com. Click HERE for more information
- Domestic Abuse Investigation Unit/Child Protection, is available on 101
- Safe, Secure and Supported at home can help you book a home safety visit. Click HERE for information
- Saje Scotland is available on 07909 482279 or 07887 248354, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Click HERE to contact Saje
If you suspect someone is suffering from domestic abuse, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or click HERE
Sexual Violence including Rape
- Fife Rape and Sexual Assault Centre (FRASAC) are available on 01592 642336 or by emailing email@example.com. Click HERE to be taken to FRASAC’s ‘contact us’ section on their website.
- Rape Crisis Scotland helpline is available on 08088 01 03 02, from 6pm to 12am, or you can access further information by clicking HERE
- The National Stalking Helpline can be contacted on 0808 802 0300 or click HERE
- The Suzy Lamplugh Trust provides further information HERE
Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Kingdom Abuse Survivors Project is available on 01592 644217 or you access further information by clicking HERE (website currently under construction)
- Safe Space is available on 01383 739084 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also access further information by clicking HERE
Forced and Child Marriages
- National Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline is available on 0800 027 1234, 24/7, or by emailing email@example.com. Click HERE for further information
- Domestic Abuse Investigation Unit/Child Protection is available on 101.
Child Sexual Abuse
If a child is experiencing sexual abuse, this is a Child Protection issue.
Child Protection information can be accessed on the GIRFEC website by clicking HERE
Click HERE to be taken to our information for children and young people
If you think you or your child(ren) are in immediate danger of being hurt, phone the police on 999.
Click HERE to be taken to our ‘Publications/ Useful Links’ page
Men as campaigners and role models
There are lots of ways that you can stand up against violence against women. The Fife Violence Against Women Partnership is linked to White Ribbon Scotland and we ask you to take their pledge “never to commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women in all its forms”.
To report any concerns to the police, call the non-emergency number 101. In an emergency, always dial 999.