Leave Feedback

Our use of cookies

We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Necessary cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our 'Cookies page'.

Social Media / Embedded Media cookies

We would like to allow Twitter and Facebook cookies: this will allow the listing of Fife Council tweets and Facebook posts on some of our pages. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

We would like to allow embedded media cookies: we occasionally display Google maps and embed audio and video in our pages, e.g., using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. See our Cookies page for more details. (If you change this setting, you may need to refresh the page to action your preference.)

All Docs

Re-use of Public Sector Information

The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 (the Regulations) encourages the re-use of public sector information.

What is public sector information?

Public sector information means information produced as part of the Council's public task. "Public task" means the Council's core role and functions, as defined in legislation or established through custom and practice. We have published a statement of our public task.

Statement of Public Task

Most of the information held by the Council is public sector information. However, there are certain exceptions. For example, the Regulations do not apply to information held by schools.

Open Government Licence

Where we hold the intellectual property rights (IPR) in information, we encourage you to use and re-use it (excluding logos and insignia), subject to acceptance of the Open Government Licence.

The licence allows the use and re-use of information with only a few conditions.

By using and re-using information in which we hold the IPR, you accept the terms and conditions of the licence. If you would like a paper copy of the licence, please contact us:

If someone else has IPR (such as copyright) in the information, you will need to get permission from them. If that is the case, we will tell you who to contact.

Asset list

We are required to keep a list of all the documents which are available for re-use. Our asset list is made up of those documents which are available in our publication scheme (excluding logos, insignia and those in which we do not own the IPR).

Formal request for re-use

Given that we encourage the use and re-use of our published information (subject to the Open Government Licence), we do not expect to receive any formal requests to re-use documents under the Regulations. However, if you do wish to make a formal request (for example, if your proposed re-use would contravene any of the conditions of the Open Government Licence or the information is not produced as part of our public task), please write to us using the details on this page.

You must tell us:

  • Your name and address
  • Which document you would like to re-use
  • The purpose the document will be used for

When we receive your request, we will deal with it within 20 working days, unless your request will take a long time to complete or is complicated.

Our response will tell you about any conditions for re-use and if you will be charged a fee to re-use the information.


If you would like to make a complaint, please contact

Morag Ferguson
Head of Legal Services
Fife House
North Street

Further information

For more information about the regulations, you can visit The National Archives (Office of Public Sector Information) or the Scottish Information Commissioner.