Scottish Government Super Sponsorship
The Scottish Government’s ‘Super-Sponsor’ route removes the need for advance host matching, allowing a Ukrainian family/individual to be cleared for travel through the visa system, without a named host being identified.
When applying for a visa under the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme, Ukrainians opt for the organisational sponsor route by selecting 'The Scottish Government' from a drop-down question.
Scottish households who have registered their interest in being a host will be contacted by the Scottish Government to discuss being part of the Super Sponsor route. This would allow host checks to be completed in advance, and if approved, an assisted matching process will be carried out.
Interested in Hosting/Sponsoring?
Scottish Government guidance outlines our role in the sponsorship process and is in addition to the main UK Government guidance on Homes for Ukraine.
Before agreeing to sponsor you must ensure:
- You can provide accommodation for a minimum of 6 months
- You agree to Enhanced Disclosure Scotland checks for yourself and all household members aged 16 and above
- You agree to a Local Authority home visit to assess the suitability of accommodation offered
- You have checked your mortgage lenders website, or if you are a tenant, you have sought an agreement with your landlord
- You have carefully considered what sponsoring means and the impact it may have on you and your own family, and you are aware of host expectations (see Scottish Government guidance for further information)
- You should contact your home insurance provider if your plans to sponsor progress
Please ensure you have read the most up to date information.
For more information, Please visit the Scottish Government's Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme web pages.
We’re working as quickly as possible to put services in place to support the Scottish Government Super Sponsorship scheme.