Our use of cookies

Some cookies used are essential to providing a service, while others help us improve your experience and provide us with insights into how the site is being used.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Cookie preferences

Homes for Ukraine and Super Sponsorship: Enhanced Disclosure Process and ID

This information relates to Homes for Ukraine and Super Sponsorship only

If you need a Disclosure for any other reason, please visit another online source for advice and information.

If you are hosting a family through the Homes for Ukraine or Super Sponsorship scheme, we will carry out an Enhanced Disclosure check on you and anyone aged 16 or over who lives with you. We may also request an Enhanced Disclosure if sponsors are offering separate self-contained accommodation. You have agreed to these checks through your request/interest to sponsor.

  • We will contact matched sponsors as soon as possible to arrange a suitable time for us to visit to verify your ID documents - please ensure you respond promptly when we contact you
  • Once we have verified your ID, we will arrange for the Enhanced Disclosure form(s) to be sent to you by email
  • Please ensure you return these promptly to our Disclosure Team
  • Your Disclosure certificate will be sent to you directly and our Local Authority will also be advised of the outcome
  • We will contact you about any further steps or actions required

Suitable Identification

Everyone aged 16 and above must provide 3 separate documents. Together these will confirm name, date of birth, and home address of each individual.  The information below outlines acceptable documents and the different combinations that can be accepted.

If providing these may be difficult, (see Groups 1 and 2a below) please let our Resettlement Team know when they contact you to arrange the visit, and we’ll provide further advice and assistance.

Group 1 – Primary Identity Documents

If you provide one document from this Group, two other documents can be provided from Groups 1, 2a or 2b

  • Valid and current passport
  • Biometric Residence Permit
  • Current Driving Licence Full or Provisional – UK/the Isle of Man/Channel Islands
  • Original UK birth certificate (full or short form acceptable)
  • Adoption certificate UK and Channel Islands

Group 2a – Trusted Government Documents

If you’re unable to provide a document from Group 1 above, please provide one document from this Group, and another two documents this Group or Group 2b below

  • Current driving licence photocard (full or provisional) – all countries outside the UK (excluding the Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
  • Current driving licence (full or provisional) – paper version (if issued before 1998) – UK, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands
  • Marriage certificate/Civil Partnership Certificate
  • Birth certificate (issued after time of birth, full or short form acceptable)
  • Immigration document, visa or work permit
  • HM Forces ID card
  • Firearms licence

Group 2b – Financial, social history and other

A document from either of the Groups above is required, but two documents from this Group will be accepted in addition to a document from Group 1 or 2a

  • Mortgage statement (issued within last 12 months)
  • Bank or Building Society Document (less than 3 months old)
  • Credit card statement (less than 3 months old)
  • Financial statement e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (issued within last 12 months)
  • P45/P60 statement (issued within last 12 months)
  • Council Tax statement (issued within last 12 months)
  • Utility bill - electricity, gas, water, telephone including mobile phone contract/bill (less than 3 months old)
  • Benefit statement (child benefit, pension) (less than 3 months old)
  • Official document showing permanent National Insurance number and name issued by Government agency (e.g. HMRC document) (less than 3 months old)
  • Letter from a Head Teacher or college principal (less than 3 months old)Valid TV licence
  • Valid car insurance certificate
  • Personal correspondence or a document from a Government Department (less than 3 months old)
  • Valid vehicle registration document
  • Court summons
  • Valid NHS card (includes CHI number)
  • MyFife Smartcard
  • CitizenCard
  • Court Claim Form
  • Addressed payslip (less than 3 months old)
  • National insurance number card
  • Examination certificate (e.g. SQA certificate)