Community £2 for £1 Rural Halls Fundraising Grant Scheme
This scheme encourages Village and Community Hall Committees to introduce and develop a fundraising programme to generate funds for planned annual projects, e.g. equipment purchase and small to medium improvements to their rural hall.
Grants are discretionary and only one application will be considered from a group in any financial year (1 April to 31 March).
Applications will only be considered where pieces of work can be identified, e.g. small to medium improvements to the hall, purchase of kitchen equipment, etc. (see list below):
- Flooring Work
- Tiling Work to Kitchen & Toilet Areas
- Sound System including Speakers
- Protection Covers for lights in Main Hall
- Heating/Ventilation system/De-humidification upgrading
- Insulation Work
- Purchase of Cooker/Oven
- Purchase of Crockery & Kitchen Utensils
- Replacement Toilet Units
- Installation of a New Water Heater
This scheme is not intended to supplement the Annual Recurring Grant and is not to assist with running costs.
The organisation must be properly constituted with an elected Management Committee, with responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the hall.
Membership of the organisation/group must be open and the organisation should demonstrate a commitment to developing an equal opportunities policy.
Applications to this scheme cannot be made by a Management Committee, if they still have to claim the previous year’s £2 for £1 Fundraising Grant Award.
GRANT AWARDS WILL NOT BE MADE IN RETROSPECT.
Management Committees must apply for financial support before they arrange any work or any purchases.
Invoices dated prior to Fife Council’s advisory letter (confirming the Grant Award) will not be accepted.
Calculation of Award
For every £1 fundraised (not donated), Fife Council will match £2, up to a maximum of £780 and the calculation will be done on a pro-rata basis, e.g.
- Invoices / Receipts submitted by Hall Management Committee = £1,170
- So calculation made is £1,170 / 3 = £390 x 2 = £780 (maximum award)
- Invoices / Receipts submitted by Hall Management Committee = £750.00
- So calculation made is £750 / 3 = £250 x 2 = £500 *
*This would release part payment of the maximum grant award of £780.00 and a balance of £280.00 could still be claimed.
To claim this balance, invoices/receipts would have to be submitted to the value of £420, e.g. £420 / 3 = £140 x 2 = £280
Payment of Award
The grant will be released when a copy of the invoices/receipts for minor repair work or purchase of equipment are sent into this office.
Submitting an Application
Applications must be returned with the following, where appropriate:
- A copy of the applicant organisations constitution, if not previously submitted;
- A copy of the organisations independently examined / audited accounts for the last 2 years, signed and dated by the Treasurer and Independent Examiner.
For more information on the Community £2 for £1 Fundraising Grant Scheme please contact Mandy Rossiter on 01592 583334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
£2 for £1 Application Form
Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com or sent to the following postal address, for assessment and processing:
Community Investment Team
Fife Council Communities & Neighbourhoods
Rothesay House (F2 South),
Please note that applicants will be allowed 2 consecutive awards, then a rest year will be expected before they can reapply for funding assistance. Back To Top