Community Sports Grant Scheme
Fife Council’s Community Sports Grants are available to assist individuals and are available in 2 categories
- Individual Athlete Sports Grants
- Coaches and Sports Officials Training Grant
Grants are discretionary and only one application will be considered from an individual in any financial year (1 April to 31 March)
Individual Athlete Sports Awards
Grants are available to support individual sports people in Fife who are competing at District, Regional or National level, to help with the costs of competitions and training, e.g.
- Competition fees;
- Travel costs at standard rate;
- Accommodation costs up to £25 per night;
- Additional training costs incurred as a representative of a Fife, Regional or National squad.
To be eligible for an Athletes grant, applicants:
- Must live in Fife;
- Must not be eligible for lottery sports fund talented athlete programme or talented identification programme;
- Must be participating in sports with a sportscotland recognised Governing Body;
- Require a letter of selection or approval and endorsement by the respective National Governing Body of Sport;
- Must submit applications prior to the training / competition commencing, as no awards will be made in retrospect.
Applicants can receive grants of up to 50% of the total costs, up to a maximum of £180 and may be subject to a random check on grant information provided.
Coach & Sports Officials Training Grant
Grants are available to encourage, support and promote the training and development of sports coaches and officials. To be eligible for this scheme applicants:
- Must live in Fife;
- Must be volunteering within a sports club with a sportscotland recognised Governing Body;
- Must provide confirmation from their Sports Club that they are attending the course for the benefit of the Club, i.e. supporting letter or email;
- Must submit applications prior to the course / workshop commencing, as no awards will be made in retrospect.
The grant will only be awarded on proof of attendance and successful completion of the course / workshop.
Applicants can receive grants of up to 50% of the total course costs, up to a maximum of £200.
Please note that applicants will be allowed 2 consecutive awards, then a rest year will be expected before they can reapply for funding assistance.
For more information on the Community Sports Grant Scheme please contact Mandy Rossiter on 01592 583334 or email email@example.com
Application forms are available for:
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the following postal address, for assessment and processing:
Community Investment Team
Fife Council Communities & Neighbourhoods
Rothesay House (F2 South),
For all Sports Club grants please contact the Sports Council for your area:
Dunfermline & West Fife Sports Council
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 ext. 493344
East Fife Sports Council
Tel: 01334 829184
Kirkcaldy & Central Fife Sports Council
email@example.com Back To Top