Consumer advice is provided by Advice Direct Scotland which offers practical advice and assistance with consumer issues.
You can contact them online at www.consumeradvice.scot or call 0808 164 6000. Their adviser will:
- give you practical advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
- inform you of the consumer laws which may apply to your situation
- pass relevant information to the appropriate Trading Standards authority for consideration of further investigation
In Fife, you can also contact Citizens Advice & Rights Fife.
Issues you can report directly to Fife Trading Standards are:
- someone selling counterfeit goods
- selling age restricted products to a person under age
This can be done using the 'Report a trading standards issue' form below.
Delivery Law UK
The website www.deliverylaw.uk is designed and managed by The Highland Council and funded by Trading Standards Scotland, on behalf of the UK Consumer Protection Partnership.
It provides comprehensive information for consumers, businesses and practitioners on their rights and obligations about parcel delivery and advice on the law relating to delivery charges.
- Action Fraud
- Anti Counterfeiting Group
- Banksafe Online
- Challenge 25
- Delivery Law UK
- Electrical Safety First
- Federation against copyright theft
- Financial Fraud Action
- Greener Scotland
- Intellectual Property Office
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Think Jessica campaign
- Tobacco Manufacturers Association
- Trading Standards Institute
- Trading Standards Institute - product recall information
- Which? Consumer Rights