- The Education Service aims to maintain service delivery during severe weather and to minimise disruption to pupils and Parents/Carers.
- Where necessary, Headteachers will close their school as early as possible the night before or on the first morning of severe weather, to allow text/email messages to be issued as quickly.
- On very rare occasions, there may be the need to implement a blanket closure that may affect parts or all of Fife. Updates will be provided through the communication channels below.
- Janitorial staff will prioritise the clearing of one pathway per school as an access route for all building users. This may not be your usual route into the school and it may not be the quickest route through the building.
- Where there is heavy snowfall in Fife, resources will be deployed to the worst hit areas and therefore the clearing of playgrounds and car parks will not be a priority until all schools can open.
- It may not be possible to have all School Crossing Patrol Officers on duty during the worst of the weather. You should make arrangements to ensure the safety of your child to and from school.
Please stay safe and warm: make sure that you allow extra time for any journeys made during severe weather, that you and pupils are dressed appropriately for the conditions and are wearing suitable footwear with grips. Back To Top