You need a Market Operator’s licence is for carrying on a private market. We grant the licence to the operator of the market, and not the individual stallholder. So it is the market operator’s responsibility to ensure that all stallholders follow:
- any conditions attached to the licence.
A Market Operator’s licence is not required for
- functions held by charitable, religious, youth, recreational, community, political or similar organisations
- markets held for the sale of livestock, fodder or grain
Further details on the legislation governing this type of licence on Useful Links below.
- Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982.
How to Apply
You can apply online for a 1 year or 3 year licence using the relevant form to the right of this page.
For more information how to:
- submit an application
- the documentation and fee required
- the application process
- the time it takes to process your application
- the standard conditions attached to a Market Operator's licence