Thanks to you and the changes we made to recycling centres, there were few issues with traffic management and safety when reopening the current 10 sites.
Strict guidelines to how recycling centres are run are in place to keep local people and staff safe.
You will not be able to access an HWRC without a booking.
Queuing outside sites will be controlled to maintain traffic safety and supported by Police Scotland. Please do not arrive early for your bookings, you will be asked to come back.
Sites will close if the COVID19 access policy and site rules are not adhered to.
The following sites have been assessed as suitable for opening:
- Dunfermline Recycling Centre
- Glenrothes Recycling Centre
- Kirkcaldy Recycling Centre
- Lochgelly Recycling Centre
- St Andrews Recycling Centre
- Pittenweem Recycling Centre
- Dalgety Bay Recycling Centre
- Methil Recycling Centre
- Ladybank Recycling Centre
- Cupar Recycling Centre
As with Scottish Government guidance, before making a booking you should consider the following:
- Only bring waste that is a health and safety hazard and cannot be stored at home.
- Use your kerbside service. Fife Council are picking up all kerbside waste and recycling bins.
- Recycling points should be used where possible to avoid travelling, visit www.fife.gov.uk/recyclingpoints to find your nearest one.
- Can you adhere to the access policy and site rules found here.
- You should not travel anywhere if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or are in isolation for it. If you are disposing of Covid-19 waste, it must be double bagged and left for 72 hours before being brought to the Recycling Centre.
The materials currently accepted at HWRCs are:
- Landfill waste that:
- Is not suitable for reuse;
- Cannot be recycled;
- Can be disposed of by one person.
- Green garden waste
- Cans and plastics
- Metal (no electrical items)
- Wood (including MDF and logs)
- White Goods such as washing machines and fridges.
- Small electrical and electronic equipment (no TVs/monitors or fire/smoke alarms).
More detailed information on the materials accepted can be found by clicking on the individual recycling centre links above.
No other materials will be accepted
Restrictions are in place, please remember:
- Cars only (no pickups) at all sites apart from Dunfermline and Ladybank, all other vehicles will not be granted access even with a booking;
- Ladybank and Dunfermline Recycling centres accepted vehicles are:
- Car, or
- Small or medium sized van (including pickups, passenger and camper vans).
- Only the vehicle category and registration declared at booking will be allowed access. For guidance on vehicle sizes please see Vans and pickups size guidance
- Only one person to exit the car and dispose of waste;
- Staff will not be able to assist with disposing of the items on site, so please make sure you can lift what you bring.
You must click on the link below to book a slot to visit your nearest HWRC.
A booking system is in place as we need to ensure social distancing at all times across our sites, and make sure that traffic is safely managed.
Seven days bookings are available at a time with a further day released on a rolling daily basis.
By making a booking you are agreeing to the HWRC access policy and site rules.
From 10th August onward, you will be able to book to visit a recycling centre up to 3 times in 7 days. This is to allow for the occasional house clearances, renovation or seasonal garden waste. Frequent users will be monitored for fair use and waste crime. Regular and frequent householders will be referred to a Recycling Advisor to assess their needs. Suspected commercial or trade users will be banned.