Following community requests, we're proposing to develop an active travel corridor across the Links, which will eventually connect to the leisure centre, docks and train station. Signing will also be provided along minor roads, connecting the new Kinghorn to Burntisland path to the upgraded path across the Links.
The proposals comprise:
- Route signing along Duncanson Drive, Ramsey Cres, Greenmount Rd South and Kirkbank Rd
- Localised widening of the northern footway on Kinghorn Road at the existing crossing
- Installation of a toucan crossing (shared pedestrian/ cycle crossing)
- Replacement of the steps on the south side with a new ramp
- Widening of the existing path to 4.0 m, with a new surface
Construction of the Links path is being scheduled to start early in 2022 and should be complete late spring 2022. The approximate cost is £80,000.
Should you require any further information, please email email@example.com.
Here is a plan of the development work being proposed :