Do I have to travel? Incidents like severe weather can make travel very difficult. If you can, wait until conditions have improved.
For more advice on travelling in severe weather, please see the Met Office ‘Travel’ page.
It is useful to prepare an emergency kit and keep it in your car for any sort of event. It may come in particularly handy for the winter months or periods of very heavy rainfall.
You could include:
- A change of clothing, including hat and gloves
- Waterproof clothing
- Essential medication
- Bottled water
- Food and a warm drink in a flask
- Blanket and/or sleeping bag
- Torch with spare batteries
- Snow shovel
- Car essentials
- screen wash
- brake fluid
- correct engine oil
For more information, please contact the Emergency Resilience Team
- Tel: 01592 583544
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org