1. Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing:
Active Schools Fife uses the information provided by you to deliver our services and to carry out our public functions of providing more and higher quality opportunities for pupils to take part in sport and physical activity before school, during lunchtime and after school, and to develop effective pathways between schools and sports clubs in the local community.
We will use the information provided to communicate with parents/carers and children to ensure activities are suitable and safe, in emergency situations and to pass on other relevant information, monitoring and reporting participation levels, gaining feedback on the services accessed and the production of marketing material.
2. Please describe the categories of personal data processed by your Service or service:
The personal information we gather and use includes gender, name, contact details, date of birth, disability, equalities information, medical information, physical activity experience, emergency contact information, statistical information.
We may, in certain circumstances, require information on criminal convictions.
3. Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data:
At times we will share your information with other council departments as well as external partners and organisations. These include organisations such as SportScotland, National Governing Bodies of Sport, NHS, Scottish Government, local sports clubs, activity provider and funding bodies.
4. The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources (including information gathered about third parties eg where we have gathered information about a third party during discussions with a service user):
We may receive information about you from other local authorities, partners and local clubs/activity providers.
5. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data:
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to carry out our statutory functions and provide our service.